IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Business Centre

Options
Hi advice needed

having received a PCN and ignoring it, my debt was purchased by a collections company. I have now received a Claims Form from the County Courts Business Centre saying I have 14 days to respond what should I do?

If a judgement is made will this affect my credit rating.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cueball wrote: »
    Hi advice needed

having received a PCN and ignoring it, my debt was purchased by a collections company. I have now received a Claims Form from the County Courts Business Centre saying I have 14 days to respond what should I do?

If a judgement is made will this affect my credit rating.

Thanks in advance

You need to respond.

Which company issued this and who was the PPC ?
  • cueball
    Options
    Hi

the company who have had this issued is MIL Collections Ltd and the PNC was issued by Llawnroc
  • beamerguy
    edited 21 September 2016 at 11:07AM
    Options
    Hi

the company who have had this issued is MIL Collections Ltd and the PNC was issued by Llawnroc

MIL are very brave to try their luck again considering they screw themselves in court.
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=MIL

Is the name Matt Murdoch(k) mentioned ??

So, the full story please that resulted in a ticket, type of car park, where, were you shopping etc etc
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do a forum search here for 'MIL Collections' and a similar one on PePiPoo as there are dozens and dozens of cases. All the advice you need can be found in other threads between the two forums.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

You can be certain that if you fail to respond you will have a default judgment against you for the sum they are claiming, then they will attempt to extort further sums from you when they send their court judgment claim. If you fail to pay the costs, you will have an unsatisfied CCJ against your name which comes with 6 years of credit grief which can seriously affect your ability to secure a loan, a mortgage, even a mobile phone contract. In some jobs it can lead to real problems.

So you have to deal with this - it won't go away.

Also read accounts of how MIL have been easily beaten in court on the Parking Prankster's blog site. Go back over the past few months of blogs - there's a number of cases reported.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=MIL
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • cueball
    Options
    My vehicle was parked on land at the side of a train station, which I thought was part of the station parking. Having used this parking for over ten years whilst dropping and picking the kids up from school this was a free parking area, which has obviously changed. On the day I question we were rushing to catch a train so just parked up and ran for the train not noticing the place had become a pay and display. Upon return the notice was on the screen doing a quick internet search the consensus was to ignore the notice.

Llawnroc sent a few letters threatening court proceedings but nothing came of it. Then approx. 12mths later MIL sent a letter saying they had purchased the debt threatening with court again, I again ignored them and have now received the claim form from the courts
  • pappa_golf
    Options
    My vehicle was parked on land at the side of a train station, which I thought was part of the station parking. Having used this parking for over ten years whilst dropping and picking the kids up from school this was a free parking area, which has obviously changed. On the day I question we were rushing to catch a train so just parked up and ran for the train not noticing the place had become a pay and display. Upon return the notice was on the screen doing a quick internet search the consensus was to ignore the notice.

Llawnroc sent a few letters threatening court proceedings but nothing came of it. Then approx. 12mths later MIL sent a letter saying they had purchased the debt threatening with court again, I again ignored them and have now received the claim form from the courts

you are GUESSING it had was station land , might still be , but now have pay and display meters on it

how about doing some research , find out if the land is railway property ?

this can make a huge difference to the case
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    Options

What about the signage, how clear are they and what do they say.

MIL will buy just any old thing if £££'s are part of it.

It is very clear that MIL don't actually know what they are buying and when they get to court where they mostly lose, they have not done their homework as you are about to do.

Suggest you go and take a set of pictures of the area and the signs.
    Then upload to a photo hosting site like photobucket and then paste the link here. As you are a new user please use hxxp:// instead of http:// and one of us will make it live for you.

Let's see what the real picture is. With the signs do a full frame
  • cueball
    Options
    Thanks will take some later

also why is this being dealt with by courts in Northampton, MIL office address is only 20mins away and we have courts locally
  • beamerguy
    Options

also why is this being dealt with by courts in Northampton, MIL office address is only 20mins away and we have courts locally

Northampton is just a clearing section.

If it gets that far, you can request it in your own local court
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

You really need to read the NEWBIES FAQs thread heading 'Small Claim?' and the links there about small claims stage - you are asking questions already covered umpteen times as well as in the sticky FAQs thread near the top.

You must acknowledge the claim online - exactly as explained by bargepole in the linked thread under 'Small Claim?' in the NEWBIES thread. If you ask 'which boxes do I tick?' we'll send you back to read bargepole's summary of the paperwork because everything IS answered.

As stated by beamerguy, any hearing will be at your local court.

You also need to search the forum for MIL and read HO87's advice on loads of threads. MIL cases are usually able to be won with a decent defence if you do more reading and get the issues.

Oh, and do not reply to any private message from a poster with less than 1000 posts to their name here. We deal with these issues openly on the forum and any pm could be from anyone at all (even the parking firm) and is not recommended to be replied to/read.

Show us your defence once you've read more threads and have acknowledged the claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure