Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• REALGSA
    REALGSA Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, re: the freebies from Capcom, I received an email back today!

Thank you for your kind email regarding our games.

As for "freebies", what made you think that we would have some to give away? I ask as we are being swamped with requests over the last week from people all over the UK looking for free stuff and we can only conclude that there is a fake forum post somewhere or someone is telling lies and has got everyone emailing us.

If there is such a thing that you know of, please let us know where so we can tackle this problem from the source as we are having to disappoint a huge amount of people every day now as we have nothing to give and never have.

Personally I have received freebies from them in the past, promotional games etc, so this person is either new or a idiot, the email sounds a bit rude to me!?!
  • Computertec
    Computertec Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Capcom Europe - Got the same email :eek: :eek: :eek:

SOOOOO Rude :(

I felt shouted at, the OP of the Capcom Europe Gifts is a idiot :mad:
  • posey1234567
    Options
    Hi,does anybody know how to contact Thierry Mugler by e-mail? Thanx!
  • Tasuke
    Tasuke Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    REALGSA wrote: »
    Hi, re: the freebies from Capcom, I received an email back today!

Thank you for your kind email regarding our games.

As for "freebies", what made you think that we would have some to give away? I ask as we are being swamped with requests over the last week from people all over the UK looking for free stuff and we can only conclude that there is a fake forum post somewhere or someone is telling lies and has got everyone emailing us.

If there is such a thing that you know of, please let us know where so we can tackle this problem from the source as we are having to disappoint a huge amount of people every day now as we have nothing to give and never have.

Personally I have received freebies from them in the past, promotional games etc, so this person is either new or a idiot, the email sounds a bit rude to me!?!
    Cripes. :/ Sorry to hear about this...
    I felt shouted at, the OP of the Capcom Europe Gifts is a idiot :mad:
    Me? :( I'm sorry that happened to you, but I can't see how it makes me an idiot.

I have to say, I certainly didn't mean to cause any issues for Capcom Europe or for anyone else. I was just incredibly impressed by the response to my letter, and I wanted to share my happiness about that. That's all. As I said in my original posting (located here), "Kudos to you, Capcom Europe!". I never at any point said, in either of my comments about it, "Everyone should go and e-mail them." - my perception was that the threads in question (this one, and the other one) were for sharing good experiences, that's all.

My sincerest apologies to Capcom Europe, and to those who got stung as above. As said, I didn't mean to cause any trouble.
    Kubuntu GNU/Linux user | Nintendo DS player

(... And it's Tas-keh, not Ta-sook. ;))
  • Computertec
    Computertec Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tasuke wrote: »
    Cripes. :/ Sorry to hear about this...

Me? :( I'm sorry that happened to you, but I can't see how it makes me an idiot.

I have to say, I certainly didn't mean to cause any issues for Capcom Europe or for anyone else. I was just incredibly impressed by the response to my letter, and I wanted to share my happiness about that. That's all. As I said in my original posting (located here), "Kudos to you, Capcom Europe!". I never at any point said, in either of my comments about it, "Everyone should go and e-mail them." - my perception was that the threads in question (this one, and the other one) were for sharing good experiences, that's all.

My sincerest apologies to Capcom Europe, and to those who got stung as above. As said, I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Ignore my comments :o
    Didn't meant to be rude :o

Not your fault anyway, have a good night :)
    Glad for your result
  • tizzy79
    tizzy79 Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

A lot of the time of you go to the comapny website and use the contact us area. Use email if possible and THEN its completely FREE!
    Let us know how you get on .... x
    :A The toughest form of mountain climbing, is getting out of the rut! :A
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ShelBell wrote: »
    Emailed Andrex to comment on the Aloe Vera toilet rolls and received £5 of vouchers from them :)

Emailed Andrex late last night. Reply received this morning telling me they are sending a voucher. Good result. :j

Have also tried Wrigleys & Mr Kipling, as mentioned before here - wait & hope
  • roh999
    roh999 Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I emailed virgin media as mentioned on here about the free modem box for new customers in august,i asked why existing customers wernt going to get them quoting the amount of money i spent with them,phone call today £35 credited to account to buy a wireless modem!
    Im known as the 'Fixer' if you have a problem,come to me and i can fix it for you.
  • posey1234567
    Options
    Anybody know how to find Andrex e-mail address?
    redagila wrote: »
    Emailed Andrex late last night. Reply received this morning telling me they are sending a voucher. Good result. :j
  • Geddes
    Geddes Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Anybody know how to find Andrex e-mail address?

Hi,
    I applied on their website and recieved £2 worth of vouchers today.

http://www.andrex.co.uk/longerlasting/contactus.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport