Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    Well, I have a 'mini' list ready but won't be spending as much as years gone by....

My local medium sized store doesn't have anywhere near as much Sanctuary or Champney's as previous years and not much in the way of men's either! Only things there seems plenty of is Soap & Glory, Zoella :shocked::shocked: and FCUK men's socks gifts... Other stuff is just an odd few of each item of what they have so unless you're near the front it'll probably only be Zoella that's left!

I'm going to do a reccy of a couple of stores and decide which is best to start with but won't be going mad, I've had a few end of sale bargains at M&S, managed to get a couple of nice Extract gifts for £2.19 each instead of £12.50, kinda puts puts Boots sale into perspective....

Would like the Ted Baker women's Star Gift though, wouldn't normally bother but it comes with a nice eye mask and the two boxes it comes in are actually practical and reusable unlike some of the useless ones that are just a load of excess packaging of no real use!

The small store I went into on Monday had three shelves full of Mens Ted Baker sets(Black boxes) and a few sets that had shaving stuff in (can't remember brand) usually no men's stuff at all.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I’m after the Jack Wills tin/ sleep tee or ofher like as i quite like the JW smell! A few Sanctuary bits to keep myself going then just 2 sets to make up 2 friends Birthday presents next month.
    Other than those bathing i want 2 Zoella notebooks. No way are they worth £14 but for £4.80 i love them for work stuff!

I can’t imaging Boota being busy to be honest. With this thread being dead and the stores still have LOADS in, i think people have given up!
    Maybe there’ll be a 90% sale again. There wa at my local last year!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sampan26 wrote: »
    I’m after the Jack Wills tin/ sleep tee or ofher like as i quite like the JW smell! A few Sanctuary bits to keep myself going then just 2 sets to make up 2 friends Birthday presents next month.
    Other than those bathing i want 2 Zoella notebooks. No way are they worth £14 but for £4.80 i love them for work stuff!

I can’t imaging Boota being busy to be honest. With this thread being dead and the stores still have LOADS in, i think people have given up!
    Maybe there’ll be a 90% sale again. There wa at my local last year!
    I thought people must've given up last year with all the confusion but the queue was bigger than ever :(
    They'll be out in force no doubt about it but I think with lower stock levels alot of people are going to be very disappointed...
    The 90% sales usually happens but not usually anything left worth a special trip out for, I pick up better bargains from the discontinued stock clearances they have.
  • Africat
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »
    The small store I went into on Monday had three shelves full of Mens Ted Baker sets(Black boxes) and a few sets that had shaving stuff in (can't remember brand) usually no men's stuff at all.

Could do with some Mens Ted Baker, nothing in mine, just a load of FCUK sets with socks in and I got those last year so prefer not to give them again.
  • Africat
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    I think your stores have more than mine Africat. I've popped in both mine today and can't even remember seeing any Champneys or Sanctuary or even Ted Baker. Mostly Soap and Glory, Zoella, FCUK (mens)with a non-toiletry gift and then the odd Jack Wills left (plenty of bags!). I picked DD up a pack of the body sprays to put away. They'll be gone on 70% day and I paid with my points so they cost no real cash.

And loads of these left

https://www.boots.com/a-little-something-big-box-of-love-10232166

The Sanctuary and Champneys in mine was very limited, nothing in comparison to previous years, may be a bit left for 70% day but can't see there being much unless they get another load whipped in which people have said is unlikely this year.

My main store didn't have any ladies Ted Baker at all from what I remember, but my little tiny pharmacy store that nobody goes to has a few star gifts so hoping to pick one up from there.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    I thought people must've given up last year with all the confusion but the queue was bigger than ever :(
    They'll be out in force no doubt about it but I think with lower stock levels alot of people are going to be very disappointed...
    The 90% sales usually happens but not usually anything left worth a special trip out for, I pick up better bargains from the discontinued stock clearances they have.

Same here, including the usual lot who take their own massive IKkea bags and sweep everything off the shelf in one fowl swoop (and that's usually with their backside into a bag their husband is holding whilst they locust the shelf they are facing)....oops, was that rude of me :o

It's a shame there isn't a max number of items or max spend but Boots just want shot of the stuff so that will never happen.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Same here, including the usual lot who take their own massive IKkea bags and sweep everything off the shelf in one fowl swoop (and that's usually with their backside into a bag their husband is holding whilst they locust the shelf they are facing)....oops, was that rude of me :o

It's a shame there isn't a max number of items or max spend but Boots just want shot of the stuff so that will never happen.
    If it were limited to 6 each it wouldn't make much difference as if people are working in groups they can just split them between them or queue up twice at a different till point.
    They do put limits on items online though that doesn't make any difference either as if someone wanted more they could just get another family member to put it through their account. There was a limit on the large Yankee Candle set online and they still have it left in the sale, think people have twigged on it's not so much of a bargain now, think it was a fiver more than last year and a fair few other places also had a similar offering cheaper, including Amazon who had it as a Black Friday deal.
  • Africat
    Options
    Incidently, I'm assuming there won't be an online 70% sale again this year, another reason it'll be bedlam in the stores. It was actually bordering on dangerous in mine last year!
    My guess is what's left in the warehouse will suddenly pop up at 50% off again later in the year :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Yeah i’m not expecting a 70% online either! There’s hardly anything on there!
    So true about people still going to stores, car booters, eBayers atill hopeful to sell all the sets on!
    It used to be great to stock up and sort all birthdays/ some Chriatmas but giving a Boots set now is like giving a poundshop item; the value is all gone! Ha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure