Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    OH My! I am in love. 100% in Love :) XXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Supper supper cute ����
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    edited 30 August 2016 at 9:12AM
    Options
    Aww - he's certainly full to the brim with cuteness, Lucky! :smileyhea

Re the 'towel with his scent on' technique; after DS1 has rubbed it on door-posts, chair-arms etc, add it to the cat's bedding. Every time you go and visit him before pup comes home, take the towel and refresh the scent.

Ask the breeder to show DS1 and you in detail how to care for his ears, please - assuming the line is healthy, his long floppy ears are probably the likeliest cause of avoidable repeat vet visits (breeder will explain).

Do hope getting this pup ends DS1's frustrations with his life - think you'll find giving him primary responsibility will do wonders! :T

Worst destruction our 'difficult' breed committed was chewing escape holes in wooden doors & windows! :mad:
    Most annoying habit was eating one out of every pair of the boys' dirty socks left lying around (forcing me to buy each person in the household a large bundle of identical pairs of socks, a different colour for every lad & DH - must have been a testosterone thing; my socks were never touched ;)).
    ..Would still have taken on our pack, even if I'd known about the 'bad bits' before setting out! :smileyhea
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lucky I am SO happy for you! My Penny puppy has changed my life. From a mental health point of view - its so lovely and I feel that I am happier than ever.

Beautiful puppy so exciting, When do you pick her up??

As a recent puppy owner I would say that is that facebook groups espeically for your breed are a mine of information and help. We have even done walks in Bristol together with lots of older dogs which helps with the solicalisation xxx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi all, sorry been MIA for a few days, been busy busy.

DH has been helping my Mum and her partner tidy their garden after they had an enormous tree cut down. Meanwhile, I've been doing our garden and tidying out the outhouse. We've also been to see DH's best mate a couple of times (who has now been in hospital 2 weeks with no sign of getting out :(), and have been to see our new pup a couple of times. Off to see him again this afternoon :j.

MiL had the boys last night so we could have some time off. We just stayed in and watched a film, but it was lovely and peaceful. Collected them at 11am :D.
  • JustAboutThere
    Options
    Pup is officially cute!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks JAT, he is so sweet. We are naming him Oakley.

Somewhere in the last few days we achieved a NSD :j. Planning on a lot more of those this month. This week coming we have 2 birthdays and Oakley moving in though, so need to get through that too. We have said pup is for mine and DS1's birthday, but will have to get DS1 something to open on the day too. Birthdays mean more when you are 12 than 38!!

Gutted the boys go back to school on Tuesday :(. Where did the summer go?!

Was supposed to be going out last night with friends, mainly to cheer up friend who is getting divorced, but for my birthday too. Wasn't really looking forward to it to be honest, mainly for financial reasons, but also because it meant rushing home after work to get changed etc. Anyway, friends ex upset her yesterday (again :mad:) and she'd spent most of the day in tears, so instead of going out I made some pizzas at work and bought some wine when I'd finished, and we went to her house instead. We split the cost between us, so my night cost £8 :T. Much better!!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Awwww PLMBL, great news on the dog, I'm so chuffed for you!! My most fave breed is labs as our poor doggie was a choccie lab but my 2nd are springers!! He is soooo cute xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,290 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What a fab cheap night out - and I bet all the girly gossip did your friend a world of good. Hope she puts that no good SOB behind her soonest.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure