Anyone bought from Pakon Furniture on ebay?

Options
2»

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You may be better looking locally for furniture sellers. Nothing against buying on Ebay but it's a relatively hefty fee for furniture sellers and there are several I know in that industry that haven't sent an email let alone sold online.
    There are quite a few small resellers and you may find a first hand supplier just by picking up a Yellow Pages or even a local free newspaper.
  • askmeaboutsofas
    Options
    but it's a relatively hefty fee for furniture sellers and there are several I know in that industry that haven't sent an email let alone sold online

Just a heads up as I know eBay don't publicise this much, but eBay final value fees in the furniture category for businesses are capped at £40, and the % fees that PayPal charge on PayPal payments are reduced if you're a long time customer. As an example, if you bought a £2000 suite off eBay now and paid with PayPal, it would only cost the seller £40 eBay fees - not the £200 eBay fees we used to pay! As a result, there are a lot more sellers of high end furniture on eBay than there used to be.

Unrelated but I noticed the furniture category on eBay got a bit... sparse... when HMRC announced their last crackdown on tax avoiding sellers.
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    .....the % fees that PayPal charge on PayPal payments are reduced if you're a long time customer.

Paypal don't give reductions for "long time customers". They give discounts based on your turnover.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Paypal don't give reductions for "long time customers". They give discounts based on your turnover.

Yep, spot on.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • askmeaboutsofas
    Options
    I was told by their customer service that we were due a reduction because we were long time customers, they never said it was based on turnover - although that does make perfect sense. Guess I was a bit gullible there! :rotfl: Thanks for the correction.
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
  • Omglog
    Options
    Did you buy from them in the end? Did you have any problems? I'm looking to buy something from them and wondering whether to go and see it in person or whether it would be ok to just buy through eBay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure