Best iPad to buy?

Options
Adly812
Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 17 November 2017 at 12:45AM in Techie Stuff
Looking to get a new iPad. I want the latest model or near enough. The pro I think will be a bit to advanced for my use. I need it generally for speedy internet browsing. I love my iPad 2 but I want a model that's a it more modern, as my iPad 2 is getting old.

What would be the next best choice after an Ipad pro ?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Given they're all running the same operating system there isn't that much to choose between them other than weight, storage and battery life.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Given they're all running the same operating system there isn't that much to choose between them other than weight, storage and battery life.

And price too.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    Looking to get a new iPad. I want the latest model or near enough. The pro I think will be a bit to advanced for my use. I need it generally for speedy internet browsing. I love my iPad 2 but I want a model that's a it more modern, as my iPad 2 is getting old.

What would be the next best choice after an Ipad pro ?

For what you need get the iPad base model for £340

You can compare the iPads here

https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad/compare/

Click on the “or choose other iPad models to compare” between the base model and the pro
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you all. I think iPad 2017 is the way to go. As the air 2 has been discontinued
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    don"t forget to look in refurbished from the applestore.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    Thank you all. I think iPad 2017 is the way to go. As the air 2 has been discontinued

I upgraded to iPad Pro via o2 a few months previously.
    cost wise it is honestly expensive, though I’ve since added Apple Smart Keyboard.
    T.b.h my iPad Air was excellent for 18months running early ios 11 beta’s.

IPad Pro+Apple Smart Keyboard has been and is amazing.
    I’ve read lots of reviews and ipad 2017 has good reviews though some comments it’s like a toy (without iPad Pro True Tone display)
    Whichever you choose should run ios11 no probs at all.
    I upgraded as |I got o2 re cycle 135 paid.
    I plan to upgrade iPhone SE next 12-18 months as SE or X models are going to be released 2018 (maybe less expensive than the current iPhone X)
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I had the same issue with ipad2 . Ended up getting iPad mini4 .
    Got 128 Gb . Love it so far . Obviously expensive .
  • The_weedie
    Options
    I had an air 2, it was well used and on its last legs. The battery wouldn’t hold a charge for more than an hours use.

I didn’t think the mini was big enough for my use so had to bite the bullet and go for the iPad Pro as I wanted to use a pencil with it as well.

The price shocked me though, I recall paying less than £400 for my air. It’s being well used and I’m enjoying it. If you don’t want to use the pencil or smart case just get the iPad.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a refurbished iPad 4 a few months ago for under £160. Only problem is that no more updates as only 32 bit and the new operating system IOS11 is 64 bit.
  • matty2767
    Options
    My iPad Air 2 broke at the begining of the year and amazon gave me my money back. Was put off although We do have a lot of Apple devices in the house, I went for a surface pro 4. It’s loads better for me. If you can get a good deal next week I recommend you take a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure