Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by Tink, JB, Rosa and INOD.

Yes, it's lovely here. I can feel myself slowly unwinding...Just in time for work tomorrow, well at least I can walk by the sea at lunchtime :)

The bad news is I have started eating badly. I had chips yesterday and some honey roast peanuts that are actually sugared peanuts so I threw most of them away in horror. I had cake again too...Time to take myself in hand :o

Not bad creative work-wise. I got going today. I went out so didn’t sustain it but all the same, not bad…:)

So tempting in Mr T’s today...

Duck in hoisin sauce and pancakes serves 2 was £5 + reduced to 92p. Got gluten in it so no…
    Avoided crisps and chocolate …:T

Asparagus £1.78 reduced to 30p

MnS

2 sea bass fillets £5.60 to £1.25

3 bags of kipper fillets £1.70 each, reduced to 20p each (60p)

4 pork and chorizo burgers £4 to 90p

4 passionfruit £2.50 to £1.00

4 nectarines £2.50 to £1.00

bacon medallions £2.20 to 55p

Along with bits I already have, I have enough shopping until the weekend :)

Hope your week started swimmingly (sorry for the sea side metaphors :o)

DIA xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    You're at the seaside, you are allowed chips once:)
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You're at the seaside, you are allowed chips once:)
    Thanks for that Tink. You are right! They were Rick Stein's chips and cooked in beef fat and delicious. I'm going to make them a weekly treat and stop taking myself so seriously. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Washing done

Yellow sticker menu plan for the day below.

It’s good seeing it all written down. Ideally I’d prefer to see more veggies but I just scrape in at 5.

When I have a cooked protein breakfast I find lunch isn’t necessary. Also, I’m doing intermittent fasting so I’ll be eating from 11-7 to keep my weight in check as I can feel it climbing. I’m keeping the carbs low as less likely to lose the plot when I’m not eating too many carbs. So, no cake, chips or chocolate today...

Working from home. I’ll go to the farmer’s market at lunchtime, partly for the walk but also I LOVED the cauliflower I bought last week. Huge and only 70p :D

Lots of rain overnight, but as I type the sun has just come out :)

breakfast

1 beefburger (8p)
    an egg (12p)
    kale (10p)

snacks

nectarine (25p)
    nectarine (25p)

supper

fennel (12p) and orange (5p) salad
    kippers (20p)
    quinoa (70p)

green tea and Japanese tea (50p)

All my food for £2.37. So add on fuel and oil and balsamic vinegar for my dressing and I should still come in under £3

I’m loving my YS bargains :D

Happy Tuesday reader
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Well done on the bargains DIA - I'm so jealous, I never find anything decent when I go into the supermarket. Maybe I'm going at the wrong times or to the wrong stores - I'll have to have to step up my yellow sticker game :) I agree with Tink, it would be rude not to have chips at the seaside :D and they do sound like very delicious chips indeed! Glad you're having a lovely time
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks JB :)

I WFH today and so did not leave the house until this evening. I feel a bit sluggish.:( I never thought I would say so but I can’t wait to get back to my zumba class. I missed it today.

YS bargains :)

A bag of jacket potatoes £2 to 20p

Egg mayo sandwich filler £1.42 to 14p X2

Rocha ripe pears £2.50 to 21p X2

Tenderstem broccoli £1.70 to 17p

Mixed chillies 80p to 18p

All good but I also bought chocolate and nuts so not only expensive but after a day of healthy eating, I lose the plot! :eek: Not tomorrow! I am wise to myself. Tomorrow I will enter Mr T’s with £2 and no more.;)

The pears are beautiful and at peak ripeness. I had one and they are yum :)

I made a pedicure appointment today for when I get back. Work pays and I go with a colleague and we have tea after and make it a treat and a chance to catch up outside of work.:)

I phoned the handyman to make an appointment for when I get back but I got his voicemail.

I called the lovely venue but the manager wasn’t there so I couldn’t pitch my idea for a class

I made rice and beans with coconut and thyme but I used quinoa instead of rice. I chopped my 9p raw chillies on top and had with half of the £1.25 sea bream and half the 20p mini corn

So, another day over. Tomorrow is a free day :)

Happy hump day (as MT might say...although you'll have to visit her diary to see dancing girls)

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Am totally awed at healthy YS ness

You will ring the fab venue back, won't you? :D

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Sounds like you're in organisation mode there DIA :) good work on calling the handyman and the venue about your classes :D I agree with Rosa, make sure you ring back. Enjoy your free day today :)
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 September 2016 at 7:21PM
    Options
    There are building works at lovely venue where I want to tutor some classes, so all is disrupted. :( I looked online. I won't leave this idea until I get back as people here are doubting my follow-through abilities. Yes! JB and Rosa I refer to you both. But also to me if I’m honest….:o

So, tomorrow’s task is to write to the manager instead and then I can always chase this up with a phone call later…:)

Well, today I spoke to the handyman and we arranged when he would come over to look at what needs doing and to discuss prices etc. :) He sounds like someone I can work with. Note to self: Don’t get scared and cancel him at the last minute because this is a good contact and such behaviour must stop!

I am not doing my evening YS hunt tonight as I have enough in.

MY YS meal consisted of:

Breakfast

Kippers (20p)
    Scrambled eggs (30p)
    Freshly squeezed orange juice (from oranges purchased) (15p)

Supper

Jacket potato (5p)
    Egg mayo (10P)
    broccoli (7p)

2 lovely pears (8p)

Exactly £1!! What about that!!

Off to make a pot of (pricey) Japanese tea. Yin and yang and all that…:D

I hope you had a good day. If not there is (nearly) always tomorrow
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    You will feel so much better once you get that work done and see that you can organize with workmen and get things moving forward. Very proud of you for contacting him and getting it started. You can do this!!!!!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family