Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Very gloomy & wet here.
    None to warm either.
    WEnt to a Waitrose yesterday.
    A tad pricy for me it has to be said :rotfl:

What are a good price are their bags-for-life. Buy a bundle, then shop at Aldi.

Appearance is important... ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Right.
    Can I please pick your brains.
    My patio doors cracked.
    One of my friends is now concerned that if I fall against them they could shatter & cause me a mischief.
    Thoughts please?

Delurking...

If you are worried about the glass but can't get it replaced at the moment, you can buy film to put on the glass to stop it shattering.

This sort of thing:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/DIY-Tools/Luxico-Clear-Safety-Security-Window-Shatter-Protection/B002QEXRCG
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,577 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Delurking...

If you are worried about the glass but can't get it replaced at the moment, you can buy film to put on the glass to stop it shattering.

This sort of thing:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/DIY-Tools/Luxico-Clear-Safety-Security-Window-Shatter-Protection/B002QEXRCG

Blimey who know.
    Thanks for delurking :)

Have no clue who to vote for tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Feeling out of sorts it has to be said.
    Just not at my best.
    Many reasons but will keep plodding.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    Options

Well don't forget, that if you feel the need to vote, but they seem like choosing the best nose bleed, you can always vote for Mr. Spoiled Ballot.

Just make sure that whatever you put on is short and memorable.
    Feeling out of sorts it has to be said.
    Just not at my best.
    Many reasons but will keep plodding.

:grouphug:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blimey who know.
    Thanks for delurking :)

You can swap your vote Beanie. Give your vote to someone else in a consituency where it makes a difference and they give you their's.

Does that help? If not - sorry! :o
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've spoiled my vote in the past, beanie, as Z mentions - I hope that some politician will wonder, sooner or later, why do people make the effort to go to the polling station and then not vote for an individual? It's worth thinking of, though I think tomorrow I'll be voting tactically, in the forlorn hope that a human being might get in.

Would that I could magically transfer my vote to the constituency where my friend is standing :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Funnily enough I also know someone standing elsewhere.

• beanielou
    Options
    Funnily enough I also have a friend standing in another ward.

• ZTD
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I've spoiled my vote in the past, beanie, as Z mentions - I hope that some politician will wonder, sooner or later, why do people make the effort to go to the polling station and then not vote for an individual?

They don't care - so long as they get in.

Low turnouts panic the main parties (not the candidates) as it is a sign that the "footballisation" ('tis a word :p) of supporting "your team" through thick and thin isn't working, and so the minnows may start to make headway.

A bit like Ackrington Stanley winning the Cup.
    Karmacat wrote: »
    It's worth thinking of, though I think tomorrow I'll be voting tactically, in the forlorn hope that a human being might get in.

You have a human standing? Doesn't need to happen where I live. If a red rosette falls onto a dog's breakfast here, then that's our MP...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure