Second hand Britax Prince

Options
Following on from the second hand car seat thread and not wanting to highjack. I have just bought this seat from a colleague. It has only been used a little bit for her grandchild. However when I checked it all over following the other thread on here I am not sure how the white polystyrene foam is meant to attach to the seat.

The arrangement I have on mine is that there is the plastic shell base, then the foam is on the top half. This appears quite loose but appears to have some worn thick fabricy tape on and then the cover is over it. I am wondering if the tape is meant to be there or if someone has just put it on for extra security. Should the white foam be attached to the seat or is the cover just meant to hold it on?

It's for a relative so I want to make sure it's right but not discard a perfectly good seat. If anyone has pictures of how it's mean to look with the cover off that would be amazing. Also it seems you can buy foam seperately but again I am wondering how it attaches and can't quite understand whether this is the white polysytrene type foam that is being referred to.

Thanks very much :money:
Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j

Comments

• honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, this might be too late, but just seen this. I have 2 x Britax Price, just looked at both of them and they are exactly how you describe so I think that's 'normal', and the one you have is just fine.
  • easilydistracted
    Options
    Ah never realised I got s reply for some reason. I was able to check a friends and it's now happily in use with the aid of some new tape :) Thanks for checking
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport