New Amazon Hidden Discount Finder

Options

Comments

• horleyflyer
    horleyflyer Posts: 2,618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Liking it.Very useful! No problems found apart from ones you mentioned.
    Girls do it better....
  • austin
    austin Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    would be good if there were a box to tick named 'only sold & dispatched by Amazon & their preferred handlers'
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Brilliant!
    It has saved me money already x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    Options
    When add items to your basket and go to the checkout and login YOUR DETAILS ARENT SECURE.

I would have thought Martin would have done a trial and found this out before unleashing this on the public :rotfl:

Pull your finger out Martin your getting sloppy.

Anyway, its a good tool except for the security issues :mad:

I will take my security hole finding fee by bank transfer to my aunties, cousins, mothers, sisters ill cat in Nigeria.

Thanking you :D
  • niclon26
    Options
    Great tool,so far found lots of fairly recent DVD's for 4.98,took seconds.Easy to use.
    Live each day as if it was you're last
  • lindseykim13
    Options
    looking at toys, action figures with free delivery- supposed to be showing more than 75% off but i'm getting toys with only 30% off mixed in there too. same for the 90 option.
  • queen_vi
    queen_vi Posts: 993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    very easy to use execellant
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    looking at toys, action figures with free delivery- supposed to be showing more than 75% off but i'm getting toys with only 30% off mixed in there too. same for the 90 option.

The tool does not really work in my opinion. The problem is it bases the discount on the cheapest available seller for a particular item, which is often a marketplace seller and so you have to pay postage AFTER the discount is worked out. In books, there are many 99+% off ones, since they only cost 1p. Plus £2.75 postage. So nto a great saving at all. It is very similar in other categories.

Clicking free postage doesn't help either, since this will show all items for which amazon have supersaver delivery available, btu still bases the discount on the cheapest seller, not on amazon price.

The other problem with tools like this is that it encourages retailers to use massively inflated RRPs. Most stuff on amazon has never been sold at the RRP. For example, watches are nearly always 60-80% off. So they are not a bargain, they are regular price. But the false RRPs used make people think they are getting a bargain, and tools like this only propagate that idea.
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    looks fab and so easy to use
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • orie0505
    Options
    I have to agree with A.Jones: this tool is not good. First, it doesn't work: many items are not 90% reduced, even excluding the postage costs - some have no reduction at all. This may be Amazon's fault, but MSE is misleadingly promoting it nonetheless. Secondly, it encourages inflated RRPs - the engagement ring link in this week's email is just ridiculous: the rings were never worth the list prices.

Call me cynical, but I can't help noticing these are all "affiliated links" - i.e. MSE gets money from Amazon for every purchase. Normally, MSE provides a mix of affiliated and non-affiliated suppliers, but there is no such balance in this case. I'm unimpressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure