"List, sell, make an extra £25"

Options

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    luckymannn wrote: »
    I've come on to this forum to post the same thing and seen your post.
    My question is - Why doesn't the terms and conditions say what the minimum spend will be to use the £25 voucher??

If you have to spend like £250 on an item to get the £25 off, then I'm not interested lol.

Good point. It says:
    "The voucher will be sent to you by email within three weeks after the 14 June 2015. The voucher code, the end time of the voucher and the minimum purchase price will be set out in the email along with the applicable voucher terms and conditions. The voucher has no cash value and cannot be transferred."

I'm guessing the reason they're not saying is probably because it is a high minimum spend lol.
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, I've just had an online chat with ebay (don't know why I bother, it always winds me up :) ) and it's still not clear. The only answer I received was that the minimum spend will be included in the e-mail. I explained that it would be no good to me if, for example, the minimum spend was £100, and was told "rest assured that if ever there would be a min purchase price, it wouldn't be as high as that" :cool: In a nutshell, I don't think ebay have yet decided what their T&C's are going to be when emails are sent with the voucher. I'm wondering if it will be different amounts for different accounts, dependent on that accounts performance/purchase history/ebay's whim.
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    So if I list something now with £26 BIN and 'buy' it from my other account.. Then wait for the voucher to arrive.. Then wait a bit longer and refund the 'buyer' as they 'wasnt happy'.....

I still have my item to sell. Plus I now have a voucher for £25..
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So if I list something now with £26 BIN and 'buy' it from my other account.. Then wait for the voucher to arrive.. Then wait a bit longer and refund the 'buyer' as they 'wasnt happy'.....

Ebay have probably linked those accounts if they have both been accessed from the same IP account. So the above will most likely get you a lifetime ban from Ebay.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

You would also be looking at waving goodbye to your ability to sell on ebay again, doesn't really seem worth it for so little reward.

Also- be careful what you post on places like this, although you are anonymous it will make many regular posters consider you a dodgy seller all round and that might impact on how much interest there is in giving you advice in the future.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • headcrash27
    headcrash27 Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the £50 offer sent to me too. I'm not sure if you have to sell one item at £50 or more or several items amounting to more than £50. The email isn't very clear.
  • Princess_x
    Princess_x Posts: 2,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the £50 offer sent to me too. I'm not sure if you have to sell one item at £50 or more or several items amounting to more than £50. The email isn't very clear.

It's one item.

Also, just to say, when they did the smartphone one last year I think it was, it was a £25 voucher and £30 minimum spend. So I'm guessing it will be something like that.
  • CAPTAINBLONDECHICK
    CAPTAINBLONDECHICK Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 June 2015 at 10:00AM
    Options
    Princess_x wrote: »
    It's one item.

Also, just to say, when they did the smartphone one last year I think it was, it was a £25 voucher and £30 minimum spend. So I'm guessing it will be something like that.

I'm not too sure if it is just one item - it's not too clear. Some of the T&Cs seem to suggest it can be the total from more than one:-

"You will receive the voucher if your items sell on or before 14th June..."

"Create listings in an eligible category during the promotional period using the auction-style or fixed price format. If your items sell until Sunday 14 June 2015 23:59:59 local UK time and if the total selling price is of £25 (excluding postage) or more, you will receive a £25 voucher.."

Yet the heading at the top of the T&Cs page and also on my email says:-

"We’re offering you a chance to make some serious cash, simply list and sell an item for £25 or more and we’ll give you £25".
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    luckymannn wrote: »
    So lets say I bought an item for £30, I would have paid £5 of my own cash for it?
    Or did it mean I have to spend £30 of my own cash, to get an item that was £55?

Probably over-complicating this now aren't I.

Also, is the £25 for ANY listing? Or just certain business sellers?

A minimum spend of £30 would mean you have to buy an item worth at least £30 and you would get £25 off the price using the voucher. So at £30 you would be paying £5 of your own cash. For a £50 item you would pay £25.

It doesn't include vehicles or property for the item listed. If you mean to buy then no one yet has the terms and conditions for that so it may exclude them two categories as well. It's not just business sellers.
  • Princess_x
    Princess_x Posts: 2,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not too sure if it is just one item - it's not too clear. Some of the T&Cs seem to suggest it can be the total from more than one:-

"You will receive the voucher if your items sell on or before 14th June..."

"Create listings in an eligible category during the promotional period using the auction-style or fixed price format. If your items sell until Sunday 14 June 2015 23:59:59 local UK time and if the total selling price is of £25 (excluding postage) or more, you will receive a £25 voucher.."

Yet the heading at the top of the T&Cs page and also on my email says:-

"We’re offering you a chance to make some serious cash, simply list and sell an item for £25 or more and we’ll give you £25".

Yeh that's confusing. I assumed it was one item going by their previous offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure