Smile's awful new website

Options

Comments

• tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    Last time I had a Co-op account, they sent me one of their wonderful card readers but I seem to have been able to set up and make payments without one so far - don't they use them now?

If I transfer money to a new recipient I get asked to use my card reader.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just about to switch to tsb but can't see anything about cheque books. Do they issue them?
  • ste_be
    ste_be Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    From 3.00am on Saturday 15 October 2016 to 12.00pm on Sunday 16 October 2016 our banking systems will be unavailable. This scheduled maintenance includes internet banking, mobile app and telephone banking.

That's 45 hours downtime, which is rather a long time for "scheduled" maintenance. Maybe they're doing some major fixes and actually testing them?
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    Just about to switch to tsb but can't see anything about cheque books. Do they issue them?

I don't think they're automatically issued, but they'll issue one if you ask. That's what I did anyway - over a year ago, and I have yet to write a cheque!
  • hansi
    Options
    Switching to TSB tomorrow. That new Smile site is awful:mad:
  • hansi
    Options
    I was set on TSB when I noticed the Halifax Reward Current Account. The £100 switching fee is a nice incentive as well as the £5 monthly payment. Has anyone had any experience of this account, and would they recommend Halifax?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    I was set on TSB when I noticed the Halifax Reward Current Account. The £100 switching fee is a nice incentive as well as the £5 monthly payment. Has anyone had any experience of this account, and would they recommend Halifax?

Yes, switched earlier this year, all fine and their card offers can sometimes be useful, I've used Waitrose and some restaurants for 5-10% cashback.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ste_be wrote: »
    That's 45 hours downtime, which is rather a long time for "scheduled" maintenance. Maybe they're doing some major fixes and actually testing them?
    I read that as 33 hours - 12pm would normally be noon on Sunday (why on earth can't people say 12mn and 12md instead of am & pm?). Still a long time, though.
  • hansi
    Options
    What's happening at Smile:mad: I got fed up with their new website, so I am now halfway through a switch to Halifax. This morning, Smile sent me an email to say there was a secure message for me. So, after negotiating the website and entering six security checks, there was no message:mad::mad:. What's going on? Glad I'm switching:T
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like the weekend's 'scheduled maintenance' has started early, this morning I get the message 'Sorry, we're having technical difficulties' (that's Co-op, not Smile, though they're probably the same).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure