PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 14th February 2018

Options

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

I too have had to change my password again after 5 days too. The Forum team are aware - so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Sunny and cold outside - rain forecast for later.

No real plans for today.

Have a good day x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

What is going on with this site, change your password its 5 days old and has expired, if this does not stop I will be walking, its so annoying. I logged in using my old password eventually. I can feel a lot of frustration coming from people using the site.

Its a very cold frosty morning.......central heating blaring away the sun is out, but no real heat in it. The sitting room was so cold yesterday I lit the fire and turned the rad off. We have decided to replace the open fire with an electric one, so I have coal to use up.

Nothing on today, tomorrow I have to take OH to have his cataract assessed, not looking forward to him having the op, something is bound to go wrong..........as he cannot drive anymore, If I have to have my second one done later, I will have to use the volunteer transport.

Very tired this morning OH was awake and drinking tea at 1am, I could not get back to sleep again, so have had about 4 hours sleep if that.

No idea what OH wants for supper. He had chicken and rice last night and 2 1/2 lemon pancakes.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They're going to lose a lot of members if they don't resolve this password issue quickly. I've changed mine again but I won't do it for much longer.

It's nice to be home even if it's just for one day. We're trying to support DD while her DH is in India - he's left her dealing with the insurance repair on a flat they own.

I need to go, DH has just com in ready for the gym so I'm ging with him as the Lidl is just across the road.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

After a busy day in work yesterday, I headed home to get changed and disappear back out for birthday celebrations with my gran.

83 she now is. I love her to bits. She's always smiling, like always. Probably due to her boundless energy and positivity. I used to think of her as the personification of Mother Nature, as she would always tend to her lovely front and back garden, which has sporadic birdhouses - and she even used to have a rabbit hutch. She still to this day puts out some raisins on the doorstep of her porch to feed a blackbird which has a bad leg and is seemingly bullied by the other blackbirds. Not to mention that she continues to spoil me. As her only grandchild, I look to show how much I love and appreciate her. I'm not sure how much a bouquet of flowers, chocolates and a card can do that, but I hope it goes someway.

Tonight I won't have the luxury of going out for a nice meal. Playing football tonight with diminished numbers, as I think a lot of the boys are out treating their respective other halves. I don't miss a relationship - just yet.

Camelot - Bargain indeed!! Groupon?

ps - i haven't had to change my password, yet.
  • tiredmum2
    Options
    Morning all
    Well i seem to be back to my old self but how long will it last i had to change passwords again and the computer had remembered it so changed it again i hope i remember it as reset is a nightmare
    Dolly has been walked with one of her chums and is snoozing
    DS has an interview on friday so fingers crossed as i am going mad already with him at home and as he has mild aspergers when he isn't busy he is a nightmare
    The toilet broke last night the water kept running and it was so noisy its a concelealed cistern so at 11pm DH wasn't too impressed so buckets at the ready today:o
    Off to the flat so the blinds can be replaced for the correct ones then will see whats in the freezer for dinner
    Have a great day whatever you are up to stay warm and safe x
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Another one here who has had to change a 5 day old password, it's ridiculous and will drive people away :mad:
    Anyway, early start as yet another BT engineer this morning, don't suppose for a minute he's solved the problem but was happy to drink our coffee and pretend he has! Think the main problem is none of them are willing or able to check the wire between each of our telegraph poles so just go over the same old thing time and time again. Ok, rant over :D
    Cold here today but dry at the moment with a little sunshine, the jackdaws have clearly managed to move some of the cowling as once again one has got stuck under the floorboards in the study so had to be freed first thing. Oh the joys of living in the country!
    We have taken advantage of the £20 Mr Sparks meal deal so will be having some of that tonight, way the day is going will be hitting the plonk sooner rather than later :rotfl:

Glad to read that the appointment went well yesterday TA
    Speky your love for your Gran shines through and brought a tear to my eye reading about her, reminded me of my lovely Grandma, long gone but never forgotten x

Right, time to clear the study of the presents left by Mr Jack, have a good day folks x
  • poppy811
    Options
    Good morning all. Still very cold here in the Cotswolds. the odd snowflake falling. The Galapagos talk was superb. The man giving the talk had fabulous photo's of the wildlife. He is 80 this year and is already planning another trip to the Antarctic!
    I am off to the village coffee morning for a natter and gossip. I am restarting my little business this afternoon. I have rented a small area in an Antiques Centre to sell mainly Art Deco/ nouveau items. Have a good day everyone.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    I went to Glasgow on Monday and really enjoyed my overnight stay...could have done with a little bit more time on Tuesday really as my train left at 1pm, but never mind I can go back. Had a lovely long wander round the Kelvingrove museum...lots of interesting bits though I missed the stuffed animal section out, as I really don't like them.
    I spent a large part of my weekend fixing my dads' laptop only for it to stop working again on Monday! The wifi is working fine with other devices in the house but can't get it to work on his laptop. He is 82 and has dementia so he'll have pressed something but who knows what! Anyways he decided he wanted to go back to a big 17 inch screen...I've ordered a refurbished one from Tesco outlet at Ebay this morning with a 12 month guarantee. It was half the price of a brand new one of the same size. Hopefully it will be here on Friday so I can get him sorted before I'm back to work on Monday.
    My oven has broken but luckily its still under guarantee..I rang and was very surprised a man can come tomorrow! I'll get a text tonight with a four hour slot and then he'll text again when he's half an hour away. Doesn't matter for today as my mam and dad are treating me to lunch out, so I can just have a sandwich tonight.
    I have a dentist appointment before lunch...I need to make the decision whether to have all my remaining teeth out! I only have 7 left - 4 at the bottom and 3 at the top. However one of the top ones is a crown which quite often has to be repaired and the other 2 have veneers on them.I have dentures to fill in the gaps but have to polygrip them in place. Its just I'm only 50 and it just seems drastic to have no teeth at all! Any advice if anyones had a similar experience?
    Well I'd better move
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Really pleased as the small presents I ordered for middle dd have just arrived as have the crystals for cousin's birthday at the weekend. I need to get a pretty card and wrap up one lot of presents by Friday as dds are collecting me early on Saturday.

Have chicken veg noodles to heat for lunch and going to wash my hair before getting changed and doing library volunteering.

AOT

Have you tried mixing a little lemon juice with sugar into a paste and applying it to your hands- put on gloves and leave for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water. It stings but really helps. A gentler solution is using olive oil and sugar.

Hugs to all
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning, (just morning still). Thank you Hollyharvey for starting us off. Cold and wet again. was trying to snow earlier!

The glitches with the site are annoying, but I have lectured myself that it is an amazing free facility and the frustration of messing about with passwords is not important in the grand scheme of things, particularly when so many people are going through illness, relationship problems etc. Now I have to take a deep breath and practice what I preach and not get uptight about stuff that I cannot alter.

Hugs and spoons where needed and keep warm and snug if you can,
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure