nationwide flexdirect 5% is up change to flexaccount?

Options

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nationwide interest should be paid now.
  • JB9302
    JB9302 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Mine is showing .
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nationwide paid my ISA interest today so the info in post 21 seemingly doesn't apply to ISAs.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    knack92 wrote: »
    Nationwide paid my ISA interest today so the info in post 21 seemingly doesn't apply to ISAs.
    Yes it does. As far as Nationwide are concerned, Monday 1st September started as soon as they'd finished the end of month batch run on the last calendar day of the month...which was this evening. :)

Yorkshire Bank, on the other hand, as mentioned* in post #17, process Monday's (or Tuesday's in the case of a Bank Holiday) transactions as soon as they've finished the end of month batch run on the last working day of the calendar month, which this month was Friday 29th August.

* typistretired was mistaken when they said they both paid at the same time. They don't, and never have.
  • typistretired
    Options
    The interest was paid into Nationwide flexdirect tonight. I thought they both paid at the same time as I usually check on the first day of the month and both have paid interest whereas the other banks seem to be later.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    the other banks seem to be later.
    LBG (so Lloyds, BoS, TSB, & Halifax) accounts pay interest (or Rewards) at the end of the 1st working day of the month.

But that fact, as stated in their respective T&Cs, won't stop a few threads tomorrow asking "it's the 1st of the month...where's my interest/Reward?" :)
  • knack92
    Options
    Yes it does. As far as Nationwide are concerned, Monday 1st September started as soon as they'd finished the end of month batch run on the last calendar day of the month...which was this evening. :)

Yorkshire Bank, on the other hand, as mentioned* in post #17, process Monday's (or Tuesday's in the case of a Bank Holiday) transactions as soon as they've finished the end of month batch run on the last working day of the calendar month, which this month was Friday 29th August.

* typistretired was mistaken when they said they both paid at the same time. They don't, and never have.

My interest had appeared by 3pm today (and wasn't there yesterday).
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    knack92 wrote: »
    My interest had appeared by 3pm today (and wasn't there yesterday).
    So the end of month batch run for ISA products finished at around 3pm today then?
  • knack92
    Options
    So the end of month batch run for ISA products finished at around 3pm today then?

That must be the case.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But that fact, as stated in their respective T&Cs, won't stop a few threads tomorrow asking "it's the 1st of the month...where's my interest/Reward?" :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5051173
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport