anyone rented through Flatland in London?

Options

Comments

• bitsandpieces
    bitsandpieces Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might provide a link - for those of us who are no longer London-based!
  • Monica32
    Options
    I was looking for a property to rent. After a few days searching by myself I decided to ask for a help. Finding a flat in London is not easy and unfortunately there are a lot of bad and expensive properties so I went to flatland to ask for that help.
    They did not charge a lot for the service and now I am really happy for going to them.
    All the personal of the staff were really kind and fast. They put me in contacts with landlords and arranged viewings around the areas that I was interested to live.
    In four days I founded my studio. I will move the first of July thanks to their help. I recommend them service to everybody who is looking for a place. They have lots for all kind of budchets.
  • panos4
    panos4 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Flatland review

The service at flatland is amazing. I have used this agency before and I am very happy for finding a place in the area and in budget I wanted. I also want to mention that finding a place with flatland help took me 3 days both times I have used their service
  • amiehall
    amiehall Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    For goodness sake, give it a rest!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #239
    Virtual Sealed Pot #131
    Save 12k in 2014 #98 £3690/£6000
  • laldred85
    Options
    I used Flatland to find a studio flat when I broke up with my boyfriend. The service in the office was really good and efficient. I didn't fully utilise the service as I took the first flat that I viewed.
    I do not agree with the comments regarding paying the agency fee up front - if you cannot find a flat from the many available through Flatland, then you are too picky!! All agencies require a fee and Flatlands fee is very reasonable in comparison.
  • demontfort
    demontfort Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just got this message from my friend Diego regarding Flatland it looks like a great place for cheap yet quality London rentals.

Buenos Dias Hombres

I was coming to big city London with small money in my pocket and no employments. An amigo of mine Paco Sombrero has tell me try El Flatland for magnifico accommodation. I try them and after a few calls they was findings me a 10 bedroom penthouse in Knightsbridge for just 100 Pesos per month. Then inside this apartment they had left me many bags of gold and jewels. The girl Claudia at Flatland was mucho helpful and she even arrange for me to get a highly paid investment banking job at Goldman Sachs. Viva Flatland Te Amo.

Ciao

Diego
  • atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    This thread gets weirder and weirder.

:spam:
  • alvaromira
    Options
    I arrived in London one Saturday morning, went to Flatland on the same day and by Sunday evening I have already found the place.

Finding a property in a massive city such as London is not something easy so sometimes when you are new you need somebody to care take of the dirty stuff on your behalf. If this is your situation, consider Flatland, because paying the fee for having appointments and searches done for your is a huge advantage, especially if you do not have much time.

When I visited Flatland, they listened to my requirements and put me in contact with the private landlords I needed.
  • hotchickpeas
    Options
    Avoid Flatland as much as possible. Seriously.

I have used them 4-5 years ago, when a nice lady was working there, and have recommended them to friends. Unfortunately when I got back to use them I was very sad to find very unfriendly staff, who never listen, they are very unpleasant over the phone and generally unhelpful.
  • reacher75
    Options
    Hi all,

Not nice to say but don't sign up with Flatland. It's true they advertise cheap accommodations but there's a catch.
    They won't tell you this:
    You ask Flatland about a property picked from the mail list, you get a phone nr to call or a place and time to go and view the property.
    Once you are there, you find out that another agency manages the property and if you want to rent it, you'got to pay another agency.
    They deal a lot with Bartlett who want £79, a guarantor and work references. With all that, still I could not get to rent a property and the lady at Bartlett was quite arrogant too.
    Or Flatland will connect you with an agency (POD) in Vauxall who want £130 to sign up. Or Central Flat in Sheperds Bush who wants £79.
    You are better off going straight to an Estate Agency. Enough said.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure