Halifax £125 Switch Offer

Options
Looking to do the above switch but unsure if this can be done online if you just select the standard current account with no Direct Debits or whether these have to be done in branch?

Comments

• pinkdalek
    pinkdalek Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You should be able to do online, they don't offer a standard current account anymore just reward and ultimate reward and you get the benefits of the reward if you meet the criteria.
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So if I don't have the 2 direct debits will still get the £125 but not the £3 per month?
  • pinkdalek
    pinkdalek Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    So if I don't have the 2 direct debits will still get the £125 but not the £3 per month?

Yes as long as you use their switching service and have not recevied an incentive previously.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Just done mine, switched a FD account no longer used and with no direct debits on it. £125 credited to new Halifax account within a few days even before the switch has taken place. Won't be using the Halifax account and closing it, easy money, more fool them.
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    Kinda strange you don't have to switch over any direct debits. But I'm certainly not complaining. Will give this a go over the next week, though I am expecting a rejection as I defaulted with them. Some 7 years ago, admittedly, but probably still be on record.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Just switched from M&S which was just opened for the gift card...and credit where its due,Halifax have depoisted the £125 before card has arrived.

Think i"ll have a look at there online banking/Phone app and maybe use that as main account.
  • CatfishAndTheBottlemen
    Options
    Anyone had any experience with this? I too was looking at the offer but just thought it looked a bit scammy.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anyone had any experience with this? I too was looking at the offer but just thought it looked a bit scammy.

Its been running since 2012, and there is nothing scammy about it. Granted the incentive amounts have fluctuated since then.

What is your reasons for thinking this and I can try to help you?

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Don80
    Don80 Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 July 2017 at 1:24PM
    Options
    ANSWER = Just got the answer from the Live Chat - you can get this as long as the account you are switching is not from Bank of Scotland.

Hi, I have an account I could switch but I have a Bank of Scotland current account already. Halifax says you are not eligible for the switching bonus if "you are a Bank of Scotland bank account customer switching to Halifax".

Does this mean only that the account you are switching to Halifax must not be Bank of Scotland (it isn't), or that you are ineligible if you have a Bank of Scotland account?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don80 wrote: »
    Hi, I have an account I could switch but I have a Bank of Scotland current account already. Halifax says you are not eligible for the switching bonus if "you are a Bank of Scotland bank account customer switching to Halifax".

Does this mean only that the account you are switching to Halifax must not be Bank of Scotland (it isn't), or that you are ineligible if you have a Bank of Scotland account?

The former.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport