Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot to get weighed last week.... so for 2 weeks i have lost 6lbs....bubbs i am catching you up.....lol x
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Must join in on the lady cycle :)

I started having awful ones years ago very heavy one month hardly anything month after. Doc put me on HRT :j

No more periods :j

Doc retired couple year ago :(

New docs husband wife team I have seen both me no like :mad:

So used to fax for repeat prescription :)

They sent prescription to Tesco chemist :T

Couple times was told needed mot ignored til I decided to go August . Saw lady doc and she said she wasn't prescribing me HRT anymore :eek: I had 2 packs left .

She started rambling on about breast cancer and something else taking long term.

I looked online and it said you don't stop taking :mad:

Good job I looked so I took one every other day :D

They all gone now so I am wondering if I put on weight , do periods come back , do I get hot sweats which I have never got. Want none of these thank you :cool:
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Eunshinemummy :T:T:T

Doing SP today, but have a couple of questions. Can I have a yogurt that has syns in it? Do I have to have 2 HEB? I don't really fancy bread and I have no cereal in the house.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Kathrynha hope you're feeling a little better now -I used to get terribly heavy periods - doctor gave me some tablets to take when things got really bad & then Sod's law kicked in & haven't had a solitary one in ages - don't think I can be classed as menopausal yet but well on my way !
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    kathrynha hope all went well for you today :)
    I don't have to worry about periods anymore. When I lived in the Middle East a pharmacist recommended going on the pill and running the boxes together. I do find it rather amusing that you can get the pill over the counter in some Middle Eastern countries, considering there sex laws :rotfl: Since I've come back I buy a 6 month prescription on the internet, because my GP was having none of it :( Usually only have a light period once or twice a year when I forget to take the pills for a few days. Mine were so bad I used to be afraid to leave the house, and I'd have to set multiple alarms to wake me during the night. Much easier this way!

Mine are sometimes worse than others. I am on drugs to control them, and it does improve it, but my other drugs are making it less effective, and this month is a very bad month. Yesterday I only went to the hospital and would not of left the house if I hadn't had to. Today is even worse :(

The pill just mucks my body up. Even on versions that you aren't supposed to bleed with, I bleed, and all the time too, though not stupidly heavy.

They do plan to sort stuff out down there for me, but it isn't a priority at the moment, and sods law I will hit menopause by the time they get round to it.
    I forgot to get weighed last week.... so for 2 weeks i have lost 6lbs....bubbs i am catching you up.....lol x

Wow, amazing loss. Well done
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Today's 'plan':
    Probably just toast :(
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG9zniVCm_AV6MNGPmC-XeXXSutdLNkG9tCIwS0sB_8yCwpoRyuA
    Have a good holiday bubbs.
    I forgot to get weighed last week.... so for 2 weeks I have lost 6lbs....bubbs i am catching you up.....lol x

That's brilliant. Well done SSM!:T
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Doing SP today, but have a couple of questions. Can I have a yogurt that has syns in it? Do I have to have 2 HEB? I don't really fancy bread and I have no cereal in the house.

That's one of the tricky questions about SP whiplashy. It depends who you ask! My view is that it's fine if you syn it. The HEB question is easier and the answer is no. Healthy Extras are just that and not essential. That being said I think it's OK to go without occasionally but it wouldn't be a healthy eating plan if you kept leaving out the calcium and fibre that HEXs are intended for without making up the food value in other ways. There's also the issue that if you have yogurt (which is questionable) then it's best not to have the extra HEB as it's not 100% SP.

I tend to look at SP as part of a spectrum with full EE one end and full SP on the other. So the closer you get to the SP end (i.e. low carb) then the bigger the chance of weightloss. SP isn't really designed to be long term (just odd days/week like you're planning it). It can be risky as if you feel hungry without carbs you might eat too many syns. Hope that helps/makes sense?:)

Not sure what I'm doing today. I'll write the plan but lunch might change if I'm out.

EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: Lentil soup (SP)
    D: Lidl BBQ beef (1.5 shared), patatas bravas, green stuff (asparagus, broccoli, sugar snaps), mushrooms
    Syns: usual;)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Kathrynha please don't get offended but have you tried something like complan? I have no idea of the syn value but you probably need the nutrients more.

WI today showing a -1lb leaving 12lbs to my official target but 19 lbs to the one I've always had in my head.

Going over SIL & BIL tonight - but will be designated driver to cut out any temptation. Tomorrow could be a bit harder as it's son's birthday so we're off to a Jamaican restaurant.

I must start drinking my 2 litres - for some reason I've struggled for the last month or so but I'm sure that's a major key to my weight loss.

Have a good day everyone
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Kathrynha please don't get offended but have you tried something like complan? I have no idea of the syn value but you probably need the nutrients more.

WI today showing a -1lb leaving 12lbs to my official target but 19 lbs to the one I've always had in my head.

Well done on the loss.

Not allowed stuff like complan on my restricted diet. I am getting lots of nutrients most days, and having lots with supplements at the moment. Just wanting comfort food today, but have got some HM soup out of the freezer for later.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,542 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great loss Sunshinemummy :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Well done GTST x

How are people figuring out their 'target' or 'ideal' weight?

I have no idea, whilst every lb is a bonus... Pre-children I weighed 9 stone 2 lbs. But when I look at the NHS sites, it says healthy weight 8.5 - 11.4 (rough guess at the points).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure