You know you're too stingy when.........

Options

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

But also...
    D'OH! :doh:
    Managed to smash the first energy saving bulb in the sink.. lol.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • angelflower_2
    angelflower_2 Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Options
    you only use 2 or 3 squares of loo roll every time you 'go' instead of the reams that you used to use so the rolls last longer:D

:rotfl: Biggest expense in our house i reckon - but no way could limit myself to 2 squares LOL......start the debate on value v's real toilet tissue now!

Even my dd stopped my buying my favourite soft quilted one but i cannot go down the value route so we compromise and bulk buy whatever is on offer :o
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • angelflower_2
    angelflower_2 Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Options
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

But also...
    D'OH! :doh:
    Managed to smash the first energy saving bulb in the sink.. lol.

Oh no, R U ok? Hope you didnt electrocute yourself!! :eek:
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • Queen.Bess
    Queen.Bess Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    -Even though you're pretty sure it's your turn to drive for a group meal out 10 miles away, but because you don't want to have to buy petrol, you persuade your friend it's their turn to drive - and they agree!

-You really try and save every piece of used wrapping paper, ribbon and card envelope from your last birthday, so you don't have to buy any of this stuff for ages! And really frustrate your DH at the length of time it takes you to open a present because you're so careful at peeling the sellotape off!
    Official DFW Nerd Club #20 :cool: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D DFW Long Hauler #109 :o

Slowly, Slowly = Oct '09: £30693, Aug '15: £14820. Could Be Debt Free April 2020, but hoping for sooner!
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no, R U ok? Hope you didnt electrocute yourself!! :eek:
    Nah I just dropped it when I was trying to put it in. Was standing on the bath you see.... was more concerned about being poisoned by the gas from inside the bulb :eek:
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Absolut_Wench
    Options
    The only way I can describe it is a big circular fitting with a cover you have to take off to get to the bulb.. and we can't get the cover off. :rolleyes:

My mum has one of those, its hell to get off. Months of darkness in her bathroom too :rotfl: but it saves on the cost of a new lightbulb :rotfl:

My grampa uses a teabag about four times, but only because he drinks his tea as weak as water.

My dad phones me, then hangs up after two rings - that way, I see its him on caller display, and ring him back, so its on my bill and not his :rolleyes:

A chap in work used to fill up a big thermos with free coffee from the machine. The machine coffee was horrible (you could clean drains with it) but he'd drink it because it was free :rolleyes:
    LBM November 2005: approx £32K :eek:
    Current debt: approx £12K :T
    Getting there one day at a time ;)
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Volunteer to take old items that won't sell in the shop to the charity shop then sell them on ebay!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    also in my old job, volunteered to collect all the old ink cartridges from each dept instead of them throwing them away and then I sold them to a company that gives you cash for them...pocketed about £50 that would have otherwise been thrown in the bin as everyone else was too lazy
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What company is that sally?
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Absolut_Wench
    Options
    sallyx wrote: »
    also in my old job, volunteered to collect all the old ink cartridges from each dept instead of them throwing them away and then I sold them to a company that gives you cash for them...pocketed about £50 that would have otherwise been thrown in the bin as everyone else was too lazy

I've done that too :rotfl:
    LBM November 2005: approx £32K :eek:
    Current debt: approx £12K :T
    Getting there one day at a time ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business