notifications about card usage

Options

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not quite the same thing but Santander lets you set up text alerts when the account goes above or below an amount you specify. This may help?

They all do this sort of thing but it is not necessarily instant. It can be hours between the balance changing and you receiving the text.
  • bengal-stripe
    Options
    use wrote: »

or other people to whom I have gave permission to use my card, they use it

You are not allowed to give your card and PIN to anyone. If you do so, the bank will not cover any losses you might occur.

If you feel those rules do not apply to you, then, at least, hand-out your card only to someone you trust unreservedly.
  • Archi_Bald
    Options

If you feel those rules do not apply to you, then, at least, hand-out your card only to someone you trust unreservedly.
    ....and don't expect the bank to cover any losses if your card gets lost or stolen whilst in the "care" of a 3rd party, however much you trust them. Your bank might well close your account when they find out you let someone else use your card. This is a breach of contract, and they can lock and close your account without notice when breach occurs.
  • use
    use Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    anyway, I just mentioned an example about a member of the family using my card

the thread went to the wrong way

the real meaning of the thread is to be instantly notified when a transaction takes place
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    which can't be done as has already been explained.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • use
    use Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »

why!?
    not even an email!?
  • Archi_Bald
    Options
    No...................................................
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    It can be done (Amex do it via Push Notifications)
    Jakg wrote: »
    American Express work with Apples PassBook service such that you get a push notification whenever it's used.

If I buy something in Tesco the notification appears on my phone before I've left the store - usually within 10 seconds (very impressive!)
    It's just no-one offers this service by email / SMS.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • James_B.
    James_B. Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Jakg wrote: »
    It can be done (Amex do it via Push Notifications)

No, it can't be, as the bank does not necessarily know immediately. Shops have months to forward the transaction.

You can't extrapolate from one system (Amex) to another (the OP's bank.)
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's certainly not exactly what the OP wants, but Barclays does allow current account holders to establish various SMS text alerts to report account activity, one of which is an alert when large debits occur.

I don't know what the smallest "large debit" limit that can be set for this is, but if it's £1 or 1p, it might come close to what the OP wants.

Of course, this alert would be issued on all "large" debit transactions, not just those arising from debit card transactions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure