Beauty advent calendars 2017 - are you buying one?

Options

Comments

• lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    They are so tempting but I think I will give it a miss unless I get given one as a gift. I won't be asking for beauty products/toiletries as gifts so hopefully that will keep my stuff down. I feel a bit of inner calm every time I get to chuck out a used bathroom product. :)
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lucia22 wrote: »
    They are so tempting but I think I will give it a miss unless I get given one as a gift. I won't be asking for beauty products/toiletries as gifts so hopefully that will keep my stuff down. I feel a bit of inner calm every time I get to chuck out a used bathroom product. :)

I know the feeling - I am trying to focus on using up part used products to get my stash down. Especially things like part used sample/travel sizes where I took something on a week away and then it wasn't full enough for the next trip so I started another one. Get some nice quick wins using those up - sometimes just a day or two of use and they are done!
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    lucia22 wrote: »
    Oh I know, recycling something from the bathroom is like :j :j :j :rotfl:

I do use a lot of minis, though I normally refill the bottle for holidays rather than recycling them ;)
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Did someone mention recycling?

:j:j
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Did someone mention recycling?

:j:j
    As often as possible :rotfl: in fact, I have the thing where I can't decide if I should keep the bottle to reuse 'just in case' or if I should recycle it :eek: you always need it after you've recycled it!
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    marrowgirl wrote: »
    I bought the M&S one last year, opened all the doors the day I bought it and shared the goodies with my mother in law & sister. It was quite a good price to try products I would not have otherwise however when I looked at a couple of the prices of the items in store they were so expensive I won't be buying full size. I will probably buy the calendar again this year.
    I will look after Christmas again to see if there are any other ones s on sale too.

I bought the M&S one too last year, but I'm a good girl:p
    I opened each door on it's day:A
    I'm thinking about getting the bloom one this year.
  • mickeymouse303
    Options
    I really like the idea behind these make-up/beauty calendars. My issue is that you don't really know what you're getting until you've opened it and tried it out.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I really like the idea behind these make-up/beauty calendars. My issue is that you don't really know what you're getting until you've opened it and tried it out.

Most of them you can find a full list of contents online - there are lots of bloggers and others e.g. magazines doing reviews with full contents list.

I agree, I wouldn't buy one without knowing what was in it, and knowing that it was worth it for me.

Chances are this year I'll get the M&S one - I really did get a lot of value from it last year. 3 of the items have now become recurring must-buys for me, and I'd not tried them before. And virtually everything else I enjoyed using also.
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    MSE_Rhiannon Posts: 151 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    fixx wrote: »
    Most of them you can find a full list of contents online - there are lots of bloggers and others e.g. magazines doing reviews with full contents list.

I agree, I wouldn't buy one without knowing what was in it, and knowing that it was worth it for me.

Chances are this year I'll get the M&S one - I really did get a lot of value from it last year. 3 of the items have now become recurring must-buys for me, and I'd not tried them before. And virtually everything else I enjoyed using also.

We will be doing the same, plus potentially some videos when we can get our hands on some that aren't out yet ;)
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nope, im not 100% convinced they are good value, bought the benefit one and boots one the past few years but theres a lot of the stuff i wont use so they outweigh the ones i will use
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure