PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53190812.html

We were originally advertising with this EA - the photos they took of our house were dark but I think it is safe to say...

"It is time you invested in a new camera"
    That's appalling!

Someone needs a good slapping....
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Whooops....where's my torch?:rotfl:

Don't some vendors give even the most cursory of inspections to their precious house details?
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Whooops....where's my torch?:rotfl:

Don't some vendors give even the most cursory of inspections to their precious house details?

It went live 2 days ago, so it's likely that the vendors have already ordered more photos, although even in their more up-market properties, the agents manage a rather blurred effect, with uninspiring photography throughout.

It's inspecting previous work that vendors should be doing first, because that would have ruled out these jokers straight away.

However, Wales is like the place where I live, where there's often a misplaced loyalty to local businesses. We have a pretty incompetent agent in the town next door, which maybe 50% of the locals use by default....and then reduce, and reduce, and reduce....

You notice patterns over time when one of your Rightmove searches is a narrow one. ;)
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2016 at 3:47PM
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    It went live 2 days ago, so it's likely that the vendors have already ordered more photos, although even in their more up-market properties, the agents manage a rather blurred effect, with uninspiring photography throughout.

It's inspecting previous work that vendors should be doing first, because that would have ruled out these jokers straight away.

However, Wales is like the place where I live, where there's often a misplaced loyalty to local businesses. We have a pretty incompetent agent in the town next door, which maybe 50% of the locals use by default....and then reduce, and reduce, and reduce....

You notice patterns over time when one of your Rightmove searches is a narrow one. ;)

I hadn't clicked that it's in Wales - but I do know exactly what you mean by misplaced loyalty to local businesses.

I'd only lived here a matter of days before it had been made pretty clear to me from several directions that there was a lot of expectation I would use the most local possible business. It didnt work - I'm still looking for the "best I can get".

I've sorta lost count of the number of times I've experienced shocked exasperation at a "locals first" attitude - and the last one was only this morning.

Personally - if I ever sell this house - I'll use the exact same estate agent I used last time if possible - even though they are the other side of the country.

EDIT; Quick check then - ah yes...Caerphilly, Wales - not to use Richard Tuck estate agent.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How could anyone resist a back garden like this house has?http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56388490.html
  • Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bet you'd feel right safe in that cloakroom!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62103116.html
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Starbrite wrote: »

I like that house...it's quirky and the views are pretty too.

My husband would be chuffed with that safe...he'd store his razor in it to stop wifey from using it. :rotfl:
  • Dandie89
    Dandie89 Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Starbrite wrote: »

What a great place to sit and count your money ☺
    Options
    Dandie89 wrote: »

As long as you don't inadvertently use it as loo paper...:rotfl::eek:

"Spending a penny" would have a whole new meaning...
  • Rain_Shadow
    Rain_Shadow Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    Dandie89 wrote: »

Haha, my first thought was 'the king is in his counting house counting out his money' and all the while on the throne.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure