IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim No.3 Excel / BW Legal

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Lamilad is in touch with me and bargepole, which is generally known by now.

Great .... that is very bad news for Excel and BWLegal:)
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Lamilad is in touch with me and bargepole, which is generally known by now.

Indeed it is. It's also fair to say most on here and Pepipoo will know my real identity, but i have no issue with that, I have nothing to hide!

I will keep this thread updated as the case progresses and post as much detail as is appropriate. But as others will understand from my previous case i will not be posting any thing too specific such as my WS or evidence bundle.

I'm looking forward to receiving their WS, though probably not as much as CM - she absolutely obliterated their last excuse for one.
  • Lamilad
    edited 21 April 2017 at 6:52PM
    Options
    If Excel/ BWL think they're walking away from this unscathed they've got another think coming...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m06caxr2jwdrpvt/AABOBxL3eVmxSqEw_Z5vGNXla?dl=0
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lamilad wrote: »
    If Excel/ BWL think they're walking away from this unscathed they've got another think coming...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9dvxphtiqkxvml/AABXEexzgDBE-k1E24fhA_2Ea?dl=0

Running scared by the look of things. I expect their jugular is now in your crosshairs?

Terrific resolve on your part Lami.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lamilad wrote: »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m06caxr2jwdrpvt/AABOBxL3eVmxSqEw_Z5vGNXla?dl=0

Go for it!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Had you made a DPA counterclaim? If so that obviously still stands. If not, then you write in and say you want to seek costs pursuant to 27.14(2)(g). You could ask for that to be dealt with on paper, or by a hearing.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Lamilad
    Options
    Had you made a DPA counterclaim? If so that obviously still stands. If not, then you write in and say you want to seek costs pursuant to 27.14(2)(g). You could ask for that to be dealt with on paper, or by a hearing.

I didn't counter-claim, but I really really wish I had done. Unfortunately I acknowledged this back in August '16 when I was still a 'wide-eyed Newbie'

I spoke to Bargepole about issuing my own claim against Excel and/or BWL for either breach of DPA or harassment or, frankly, anyhting that might stick; but he advised that it would be difficult to establish a cause of action for any such claim

My points of attack would have been based on (among other things) the following:

* DQ completed by VCS not Excel

* Issuing 6 separate claims against me - 5 individual and 1 bundled claim. All involving the same car park and the same alleged contravention. potentially making me do all the work 6 times over and taking considerable time off work to attend court.

* Reviving this (third) claim after leaving it stayed for 5 months

* Proceeding with this claim just 2 (working) days after the second judgement where it was held as a fact that I, personally, had not driven to that car park since 2011.

* Proceeding with this claim despite Judge S-R severely reprimanding Jake Burgess - on record - about pursuing 'not the driver' claims where they do not/can not rely on PoFA; and instructing him to "go back to his company" and inform them that they must either comply with PoFA or have proof of the driver if they are to pursue such claims.

* Excel admitted, in response to the 'request for special directions' (written by Bargepole) that issuing the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th claims was "an administrative oversight".... and then they still attempted to proceed with the 3rd claim.

* Despite Excel agreeing to 'stay' the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th claims pending the outcome of my second case in Feb, and judge S-R making an order of the same; Excel/BWL still tried to obtain default judgements against me for the latter 3 cases in January - CCBC informed me of this during a recent phone call.

* continuing to process my data despite the judgement in my 2nd case removing any prospect of success in all of the other cases, and despite me sending them a section 10 notice in Nov '16

Bargepole is helping me put together a costs schedule to claim costs up to the point of discontinuance, so, hopefully, they won't get away scot free.

Still, I'm keeping my options open, and on Coupon-Mad's advice will be sending a formal complaint to the ICO informing them of everything that happened and asking them to investigate how Excel and BWL have used my data - not to mention VCS who despite having nothing to do with me or any of my cases, completed the DQ in the second claim.

Depending on what comes back from them, a DPA claim may still be on the cards.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    I agree that a harassment claim would be very difficult.

However, what you could have used that info for (and still could perhaps) is to get an order against them, by showing them to be a vexatious litigant, that they are not permitted to issue any further claims against you without prior leave of the court. Do you want me to look up the CPR Rule for you? If you have to write in and seek costs, then why don't you shove that in to the letter, nothing lost if it doesn't work - you'd need to provide chapter and verse on what you've said above.

The DPA case seems to be a good one though, and if you keep the value down then the issue fee isn't much. As you know, I'm now involved with these muppets.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Lamilad
    Options
    However, what you could have used that info for (and still could perhaps) is to get an order against them, by showing them to be a vexatious litigant, that they are not permitted to issue any further claims against you without prior leave of the court. Do you want me to look up the CPR Rule for you?

That would be brilliant, thank you! Definitely like the sound of the order you mentioned.... Would this effectively be an injunction?
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    yes, will have a look tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure