Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ughhh I'm doing so badly this week. I have been eating a LOT of chocolate and seem to be really hungry and unable to fill myself up. Have a feeling my Monday WI will not be good!

BUBBS - hifi bars are SW bars that you can buy in group. They are blooming delicious but expensive. They constitute a Healthy Extra B but can't remember if this is for one or two Hifi bars. I don't go to group anymore but used to love the mint and the orange ones. Omg what I would give for a couple of those right now...

The Hifi bars are 1 for HEB or 2 Light ones for HEB.

Denise
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A quick message to say hi and to say that I'm withdrawing from the current challenge. I have broken my arm so having others cook for you is hardly the best recipe for sw friendly meals and to be honest I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment .

I'll still try to check in however :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ughhh I'm doing so badly this week. I have been eating a LOT of chocolate and seem to be really hungry and unable to fill myself up. Have a feeling my Monday WI will not be good!

BUBBS - hifi bars are SW bars that you can buy in group. They are blooming delicious but expensive. They constitute a Healthy Extra B but can't remember if this is for one or two Hifi bars. I don't go to group anymore but used to love the mint and the orange ones. Omg what I would give for a couple of those right now...
    joedenise wrote: »
    The Hifi bars are 1 for HEB or 2 Light ones for HEB.

Denise
    Thanks both,
    Dont think i will try them if they are that nice, also its the sugar content
    Are there any diabetics on here that post that anyone is aware of?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    A quick message to say hi and to say that I'm withdrawing from the current challenge. I have broken my arm so having others cook for you is hardly the best recipe for sw friendly meals and to be honest I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment .

Wishing you a speedy recovery
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone, this will be my Fridays menu plan I am also taking Maman's advice and having my WI tomorrow instead of Sunday.so I will post any losses, Gains or STS.

Breakfast.. shredded Wheat A/B raspberries..

Lunch.. mushroom soup cheese 15 g = 3 syns bread 6 syns clementine

Dinner.. fish B s/w chips peas lemon melon

Extra 2 crispbread 5 syns f f yoghurt. Melon.
    14 syns
  • abouttimetoo
    abouttimetoo Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Afternoon all (I just wrote morning and then checked the clock - lol)

Welcome to the thread bubbs :D and welcome back About time.
    We're out tonight at DH's golf society dinner and dance so hopefully I'll be alright by then. I was going to wear my LPD (like a little black dress but purple) but it's not very forgiving of a bloated stomach so I might rethink.

Thanks Louise, sorry to hear about your tum issues and shame you had to postpone lunch but hope that means you get to have a great time at the dinner tonight
    shala_moo wrote: »
    :wave: hi all, just checking in from a misty Brighton.. Off to afternoon tea in a bit :o just waiting for the sister to come from work, no SW plans for me until Monday :eek: when I get back home!

Will add you to the challenge att, welcome back :wave:

Hope you feel better soon Lois, nothing worse than going out when your not feeling your best x and hugs to you other poorlies too! :grouphug:

Thanks Shala :wave: Your afternoon tea sounds, fab, very envious nomnon :p
    i joined slimming world last week. to be honest i haven't really made much of an effort over the last week so i only lost 1/2 a pound :rotfl: but my mum who joined with me lost 8 1/2 pounds in her first week! very proud of her. so this week am determined to get on it.

so far today i've only had a coffee (no syns) and one of those hifi bars for my breakfast.

will be trawling this thread for ideas! and of course, no going out for dinner this week...

Welcome leslienope and good luck

Regards
    ATT
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • abouttimetoo
    Options
    piglet6 wrote: »
    Quick question, please...

In Iceland today, the lady on the till gave me a Bonus card application form (& temporary card). Just having a read through the paperwork to see whether its worth registering, and I can't honestly see what the "bonus" is?! I presumed it would be like Boots/Tesco/Nectar where you get points for every £ you spend and they add up to be spent in store, but it looks like its a card I have to load money onto and they'll put £1 on for every £20 I add.

I don't shop enough in Iceland to make it worth getting free delivery for £20+ shops, so the only possible bonus is that it asks if I'm interested in Slimming World products (which is really the only thing I go into Iceland for, usually). Does anybody know what the extra SW offers are, and whether its worth signing up for?

I don't want to sign up for loads of pointless e-mails if its not worth it!! :p

P x

Hi Piglet. When I got mine it was because if you had a card you didn't have to spend so much money in the shop to get free delivery but I think that may have changed now and you just need to spend the same e.g think they reduced the spend limit for all

I don't do the save thing but can see it would be useful for others I know if you spend for example 2.01 they can round up the extra 99p onto your card to save so seems a simple way of doing it. Although you can't put that much on it they do occasionally have offers which pound for pound is a better interest rate than bank account IYKWIM

I do get the email but happy to confirm i'm not bombarded with them and they do alert me to offers I wouldn't know about

The best thing for me is that fairly regularly I get offers such as spend X (it's never very high) and get a free X. Recently I've had a mixed veg thingy worth £1.69 and a chicken nugget one which was good for visiting little ones

Not much hassle to get a card and I think overall is worth it

Hope that helps

Regards
    ATT
  • abouttimetoo
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Flat Eric, wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of happy bossing people about to run around after you :D
  • abouttimetoo
    Options
    Hi all, today's menu

B: bacon & poached egg with HM sun dried toms + HEB WM bread, hot lemon water
    L: passed me by :o
    D: SW Chicken and black bean sauce and rice

HEA of skimmed milk + 2.5 syns
    Snacks, black coffee and NAS apple juice
    Syns - was having a rare fancy so options (1.5) + 5 for SS milk

Not one for frozen ready meals but knew i'd be soopa busy this week but more as i'm trying to shake meals up a bit. Pretty much no speed today but I do have a bowl of salad I'm working my way through now which i'd intended to have for lunch

PS, could someone please tell me what the DG coffee is that I see referred to, sorry, can't remember who posts about it

PPS, sorry for daft question but how do you do overnight oats, I see cold ones mentioned but think some of you do a baked version too with an egg in it?

Regards
    ATT
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, ATT - that's exactly what I was wanting to hear. Will sign up for my card now!

P x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport