This can't be right, can it? (Egg Money cash back)

Options
I've just noticed on my Egg Money statement (my first one) that my "cash back this period" has been calculated to include 1% of *everything* that went out of my account. Including the two stooz amounts transfered to my Egg Savings account (which aren't even in that any more). :j

Do think they will really pay up?

IMD.

Comments

• No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got the same on my last statement,
    two good stooz amounts, in and out,
    and 1% from egg.m

don't you just love them!

regards
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Yep. I got £78 added for last months transfer by BACS of £7800 to my current a/c.

I think, you only get cashback if you telephone them and ask for the transfer.

No idea if they will pay up -- don't even know when in March they pay the cashback. Just have to wait and see.
  • Ricardoro
    Ricardoro Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I was told a couple of weeks ago by an Egg CS Rep and Supervisor that there is a £100 limit to BACS transfers...I guess this is to stop such cashback bonanzas.
  • Ricardoro
    Ricardoro Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    InMyDreams and No_6

what method did you use to transfer your Stooz amounts....
    were they BACS or some other method (e.g. secure message to Egg instructing them to move the money ??)
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    If I do a BT from A&L for £1800 to my Egg card then transfer that to a bank account will I get cash back on the BT to Egg then?:confused:
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hilary1 wrote:
    If I do a BT from A&L for £1800 to my Egg card then transfer that to a bank account will I get cash back on the BT to Egg then?:confused:
    You might, since the posters above seem to have had it added to their accounts, but won't you also have to pay A&L £36 for the BT from Egg?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ricardoro wrote:
    I was told a couple of weeks ago by an Egg CS Rep and Supervisor that there is a £100 limit to BACS transfers...I guess this is to stop such cashback bonanzas.
    My 'guess' would be that you spoke to 2 Egg employees who didn't have a clue about their product!
  • hilary1
    hilary1 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Options
    You might, since the posters above seem to have had it added to their accounts, but won't you also have to pay A&L £36 for the BT from Egg?

A&L have offered me a free Bt becuase of a mistake they made when I opened the accound, so I wondered what the best way to use it was.
    The curve that can set a lot of things straight is a smile
  • HGLTsuperstar
    HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    Options
    Then get in there quick and BT to the max, you'll be quids in even if you dont get the cashback on top. My thought being do it now before they close the cashback loophole
  • andy_5-2
    andy_5-2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Did my transfer of positive balance out of Egg Money by phone & got a nice few quid for the trouble - gawd bless em!
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport