Sky Customer service

Options
2»

Comments

• johno86_4
    johno86_4 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Try online webchat and, if that does not work, send an em to the asking them to contact you on your mobile at a convenient time (Note : Tell them politely that you will only speak to someone from the uk and not India. I always say this if ever I speak to any company's off-shore contact centre and they transfer me without probs).

I also suggest that you ask for compensation. You could ask for a BT Openreach engineer visit.

HTHs.

Apparently, a BT Openreach engineer is going to come out, but it will be 3 weeks before they can fix it. I appreciate there isn't too much Sky can do about this but their customer service has been very poor. Not keeping me updated when they say they will and not answering the phone so I can check.

I tried their SMS service but they told me they would not be able to call me. They would say they were checking and then several hours later I would get a new text asking me what my details and the problem was again.
    Very frustrating.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Online Chat on the Sky website? Yer avin a laff!

I have tried this several times. Last time, as an experiment, I left it trying to attract an agent for 3 hours, without success. The phone operators in the UK are not much better, most of them have a very unclear Lowland Scottish accent. Not their fault or mine, but they cannot understand me and I cannot understand them. Now if they were in the Highlands, where my Scots-born relative lives, I could understand them.

Trying to attract Sky's attention to a problem with their service, is Mission Impossible. That's why I will be leaving them.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    0330 sounds OK. I wanted to check you weren't calling any of their old 0844 numbers or any of the fake 084, 087 or 09 numbers promoted on a huge number of scam websites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure