Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Serendipitious
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Our Christmas decorations came down on Saturday and all packed away in the loft - our house looks bare :(.

... roll on Christmas!

Back to the normal routine - at least we may have a chance of knowing what day it is, over Christmas and New Year you are never quite sure!

Anon

Yes, it can be muddling.

Because it was a BH on the Monday, my normal Monday routine got shunted to the Friday, so the Friday 'felt' like a Monday all day long, then I did extra on the Thursday, so Thursday felt like Monday too.

So now here we are on Monday again, and I'm off as I'm owed time. :rotfl:

I had to write all the days down in the end, just to keep up.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks for the beans offer. I'll go see if there are any on the shelves today.

Just about to buy a droid phone for AP on eBay. Just checking that I won't have any issues with it being second hand?

Missed the boat with the 10.00 gc for argos and 65 quid is a bit steep

Thanks
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Morning all,

Thanks for the beans offer. I'll go see if there are any on the shelves today.

Just about to buy a droid phone for AP on eBay. Just checking that I won't have any issues with it being second hand?

Missed the boat with the 10.00 gc for argos and 65 quid is a bit steep

Thanks
    I think It depends if the previous owner used AP on it.
    I bought my original android from eBay not thinking about that, but luckily it worked.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • sparklyfee
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I think It depends if the previous owner used AP on it.
    I bought my original android from eBay not thinking about that, but luckily it worked.

Oh I'm too scared to risk it. Might just bite the bullet at 65 quid from argos and hope I don't just get prize draw entries!!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    The last time it was icy here it wasn’t too bad at my house and drove to a friend’s for a meal. It was sheet ice at hers and as I’d already fallen once this year I was rather anxious. Was wearing court shoes too. After the meal she lent me her snow over shoe things and they were brilliant. Found some in store at Sports Direct yesterday, Snowtrax shoe grips. They were £6.50 and I can’t recommend them too highly. It’s like you’re not walking on ice. Just remove them when you’re on laminate flooring, according to the review comments!!

Thank you but I haven't time to look now but I have tried 2 different type ice grips and couldn't wear them I felt like I was bouncing and couldn't even walk . Will check them out when I get home see if I have tried these :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Cold and frosty here -6 :eek:

Time to go back to work today see you laters ;hello:
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:18AM
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Oh I'm too scared to risk it. Might just bite the bullet at 65 quid from argos and hope I don't just get prize draw entries!!

Sparkly I never thought of that either but I bought a new one from o2 Direct but offer finished yesterday but they may have anew one today Anon posted deals but the best I could find was £29 with a £10 top up from Argos but apparently you don't need the top up

Sains had the same offer at £39 with a top up required Alcatel Kit kat with 4.4 May not be exact but may help with a search

Sorry its still above my head
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • sparklyfee
    Options
    Thank you. I'll have a look. So confusing but I really want to take part!
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all

Its very cold here this morning The bottle of water in car has frozen Imagine my messages may be too DH could not be bother bringing them in (and smile)

The house is also very cold again thanks to DH as he put the heating to off last night by mistake. Yes very :money: so wee electric heaper is no blasting away

I am going shopping and I have lists then a visit to GP followed by a visit to work to hand fit note in

I will add that my house is definitely getting tidier

Enjoy your day and /or shopping and I do hope that Morries is well stocked up with eat smart stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure