Vandalisim Tesco Insurance

Options
Hi there,

I apoligise if this isnt really a financial question but I have just had my car vandalised, some drunken idiots have scratched every panel (including a very pleasent word in the bonet).

I was wondering.
A) Do i have to report to the police to claim on insurance B) Will tesco come out and asses it C) if my insurance will sky rocket

My worry with B is that i have alloys and graphics which i havent told my insurance company about (oops), so will they still pay out?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• wolftastic_2
    Options
    a) Yes. You will need a crime reference.
    b) Depends on the value of the claim, but might not if just a paint job.
    c) Only one way to find out, but you may have given them the option to repudiate. It will depend if they consider it to have affected the risk, i.e. in their opinion would it have been more likely to have been vandalised because of the alloys and graphics, but I doubt if the alloys will make a difference in this case.
  • apoc_reg
    Options
    Cheers for the advice

Much appreciated
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi apoc_reg, that's awful, you seriously should report that to the Police as soon as possible, as if it happens again (or anything else) it will strengthen any future case for you.
    Commiserations
    savvy
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure