Well performing Stocks & Shares ISAs

Options
pranks1969
pranks1969 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 29 December 2017 at 12:58PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
I've recently invested some money in S&S ISAs via Cavendish/Fidelity. I've spread my investment across 4 different funds and am looking for capital growth. I'm a basic rate tax payer.

Can anyone recommend any S&S ISA funds that have performed well for them over the years? Or a website that makes it easy to compare funds and discover the best performers?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morningstar is the obvious website to use when comparing funds. Be sure you understand what is going on: I suggest you read some of the articles on that site and perhaps ask here for recommendations for books on investment before you jump in.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone recommend any S&S ISA funds that have performed well for them over the years?

How would that help you? What is best performer this year could be worst next year.

If you are running a bespoke portfolio then asset allocation is the most important thing. Not picking funds randomly.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't just put my money into the fund that had just generated the largest previous year return as that's a very poor indicator of future return.
  • pranks1969
    Options
    @Alexland

I agree, I'm looking for funds that have performed consistently well over a long period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure