Wooden Venetian Blinds

Options
Had a quote today for two wooden venetian blinds - one large window (4 panes across) and one small window (2 panes across). The price quoted was £507.00 including fitting and VAT.:eek:

It seems like rather a lot to me. Is this about right? I live in West Sussex. Can anyone recommend a decent supplier that would be cheaper?

;)

Comments

• thehairybuilder
    Options
    Hmmm , we`ve just paid £680 to have our new 4 bed house fitted out throughout ! Only 2 wooden venetian blinds but also blackout roller blinds in the 4 beds and a mixture on dining/kithchen/hall/bathrooms

I`m in N.E.Scotland so that may have something to do with it
    I`m now officially too old to die young
  • diesel9181
    diesel9181 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    if your windows are a standard size B&Q etc sell blinds. they are really easy to fit and wont need cut to size. i did my whole house for £25/window and tehy look just as good as the custom made ones.
  • lizzo
    lizzo Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I live in West Sussex and I have had a quote today from Regnum blinds for 3 sets of wood effect blinds ( they do proper wood as well) I wanted white wood and they look just like wood to me, and I am on a budget. £187 for the medium window (3 panes) and £115 for smaller bathroom window, completely fitted. I know that their installation work is very good, as a few years ago they fitted roof blinds and venetians in my conservatory. Might be worth a quote from them.
  • thehairybuilder
    Options
    http://www.wooden-blinds-direct.co.uk/

blinds from only £9.99! Go through quidco for further 5% off
    I`m now officially too old to die young
  • pusscat
    pusscat Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    IKEA do a pretty good range of wood blinds in several colours and widths.

If you want to shorten them you can apparantly buy a cutter and take the ends off - I have not done it though!

Puss
    xx

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00084325
  • ixwood
    ixwood Posts: 2,550 Forumite
    Options
    buy them from cheap shops. I'd never pay a company 100's for something like that.
  • terrabite
    Options
    Try https://www.blinds-on-line.co.uk I saw deals for 50% and 60% off... I think you get 60% off for DIY fitting and 50% off for a home visit... Def worth a look
  • gingababe
    gingababe Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We used www.interiordecordirect.co.uk we contacted them for free samples & in our lounge we went for cherry wood 50mm slats with tapes delivered was aprx £65 & we got them with 5 working days.
    I have had great service from them. Ordered white ones for my kitchen & my dd room & will be ordering for our bedroom soon.
    Hope that helps
    Ginga
  • kompess
    kompess Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I got quote from Hillarys for 5 vertical blinds (windows average sized) and they quoted me nearly £1,000:confused:

He eventually got it down to £500 after me humming and hahhing but there must be people out there that would pay that outrageous amount without trying to haggle.

The reps excuse for them being so expensive was that I live in Cambridge.

I paid less than £300 for the same blinds and same company when I lived in Scotland couple years ago.
  • ladypinkof66
    Options
    kompess wrote: »
    I got quote from Hillarys for 5 vertical blinds (windows average sized) and they quoted me nearly £1,000:confused:

He eventually got it down to £500 after me humming and hahhing but there must be people out there that would pay that outrageous amount without trying to haggle.

The reps excuse for them being so expensive was that I live in Cambridge.

I paid less than £300 for the same blinds and same company when I lived in Scotland couple years ago.

i had a quote a few weeks ago from the same company who quoted me £530 for 3 smallish blinds i could not believe it needless to say we did not bother i later received a phone call to say they could do them for £500 if we ordered immediately
    2010 - Goals

1. on the long road to hopefully adopting a child - Home Visit 3 Feb 2010

2. Planning to clear my credit card debt.

3. lose weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport