B and Q Kitchen? replace

Options
Hi guys

I spent almost 20,000 on a B and Q high gloss white and grey kitchen last year, and I hate it. I'm looking at just changing the doors however the only range they do the 1000 pan draw fronts and 1000 briding unit doors is their IT range and we don't like any of the door styles/colours. We like a cooke and lewis one which is grey but they only do the size up to 800. I'm totally stuck. Does anyone know of any kitchen doors which would fit onto a B&Q units and draws (1000 pan draws and briding units?

Comments

• 27cool
    27cool Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    You spent £20,000 on a kitchen and only then decided that you didn't like it!!! Weird.
    My son had his entire kitchen re-doored using a local company. They made a fantastic job of it. Maybe that's the way to go.
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys

I spent almost 20,000 on a B and Q high gloss white and grey kitchen last year, and I hate it. I'm looking at just changing the doors however the only range they do the 1000 pan draw fronts and 1000 briding unit doors is their IT range and we don't like any of the door styles/colours. We like a cooke and lewis one which is grey but they only do the size up to 800. I'm totally stuck. Does anyone know of any kitchen doors which would fit onto a B&Q units and draws (1000 pan draws and briding units?

20k for a B&Q kitchen?? why was it so expensive? and to make things worse you hate it! is it the white gloss finish that you hate?
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot to pay for something you hate.
    What do your friends/ relations think of it ? Maybe it could just need something neutral to balance things out, like a different colour flooring or wallpaint to break it up a bit??
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What do you hate about it?

Perhaps changing the worktops, flooring or blinds would help to make it more to your taste?

I can't imagine what there is to dislike about a white and grey kitchen - this is what I'm going to have soon.

If you can be more specific about what you don't like, maybe some of the folk on here can think of less radical changes you could consider.

Presumably the £20k included a significant amount of labour as well as the units and appliances?
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    20 k for B&Q kitchen, must have been gold plated.
  • Thompson106
    Thompson106 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah my kitchen is HUGE lol. Yeah its the gloss finish I hate, can never keep it clean and always shows all the streaks. I seen a light grey wood door they do but for some reason they only do the pan draws (of which the hole base units are) in size 800mm and all mine are 1000 pan draws. They only seem to do them in Gloss :-(
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It might be more cost effective to get a cleaner!

I have my own method for high gloss stuff and worktops. Spray with cleaner, wipe with a jay cloth, rinse cloth and effectively rinse door/top with the cloth again.

Polish the door dry with a clean dry tea towel.

It's often allowing water to dry naturally that causes the streakiness. It shows up most of darker colours.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • premkit
    premkit Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Local independents will have their stockist which can accommodate any sizes in any colours, but generally they don't like doing door changes, not enough profit in them. A lot of fitters have accounts with trade only door manufacturers, that may be the way to go.
  • chezybezy
    chezybezy Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just a idea, did you check to see if they can be ordered at B&Q as often they have other sizes, the ones in stock to 'take away' are only a selection?
    - Chez
  • tlj7
    tlj7 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    I have 1000mm pan drawers from DIY Kitchen.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts