IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NHS Parking lets get behind it,

Options
Email sent to Theresa May,

Theresa May: I will fine greedy bosses who betray their workers

Let’s see if you really have the bottle,
please see this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
NHS patient, visitor and staff car parking principles - GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk
NHS organisations should work with their patients and staff, local authorities and public transport providers to make sure that users can get to the site (and park if ...

Hospitals in England made a record £174m last year in charging for parking, an investigation has found.
The figure for 2016-17 was 6% up on the previous financial year, data collected by the Press Association under the Freedom of Information Act showed.
The figures also showed a growing amount of revenue being made from fines - up by a third to £950,000.
The system has been branded a "tax on sickness", but hospitals said charging was needed and money made reinvested.

Car parking is largely free in Scotland and Wales.

A nurse says she is facing a bill of about £150,000 in charges to a private company for parking at the hospital where she works after she and colleagues lost a court ruling.

The unnamed nurse is just one of 75 members of staff at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff who lost a court battle against Indigo Park Services, which manages car parks on the site. The doctors and nurses have been ordered to pay an initial £39,000 in outstanding parking charges and £26,000 in court costs after a judge at the civil justice court ruled they must pay £128 per ticket.

NHS breast cancer nurse handed £2,000 in hospital parking fines for working past shift.

PARKING MAD
Nurse slapped with £5,500 worth of fines for parking in hospital car park while she saved lives.

Nurse reveals she left the NHS after being charged £80 for parking as she treated patient having cardiac arrest.

Early reports in the media indicated that staff had 100,000 tickets, meaning the amount owed to Indigo was £12.8m.

Jeremy Hunt should be ashamed of this despicable attack on NHS staff,
Now is the time for you to get your house in order, if it was one of our families in hospital do you want the nurse to say, see ya,its home time, or do you want them to give the best care possible?
Are you going let this happen on your watch? Is this going to be your legacy? Or do you just not care?
We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are people wondering why the nursing industry is losing workers; perhaps their attitude to parking is part of it.

A nurse stays late to care for a sick person and the gratitude she gets is to be "fined" by her employer - that is callous stupidity of the highest order!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2018 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Indeed, every, (well nearly every) parking ticket should be brought to the attention of the CEO, PALS, Facebook, twitter, and the local paper.

While I have no objection to paying a reasonable amount to park, I do not think that car park management should be entrusted to scammers. There was a ;lot of unrest recently about Aintree Hospital, are they still ripping off patients?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bosses and HR should be ashamed to treat staff in such a way. they should be fighting for there rights, and helping them to come to work and not making it stressful, I also believe they have a duty of care from when they start their journey to home when finished

my local hospital has pay on exit parking, so no worrying if you going to get a ticket,

If this happened in France or Spain they would burn there building down.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I am not sure that Trusts should bend over backwards to provide cheap parking for NHS Staff.

Many years ago, when I worked in Whitehall there was virtually no staff parking for thousands of Civil Servants.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    markudman wrote: »
    Bosses and HR should be ashamed to treat staff in such a way. they should be fighting for there rights, and helping them to come to work and not making it stressful, I also believe they have a duty of care from when they start their journey to home when finished

my local hospital has pay on exit parking, so no worrying if you going to get a ticket,

If this happened in France or Spain they would burn there building down.

ohh , irony , the biggest culprit (indigo) is a french company
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Whitehall v NHS no contest LOL

The problem is not paying for parking, which everyone has to, the problem is the parasites that feed off them.and using the vulnerability of the staff, there are better systems like the one at my local hospital, pay on exit. You are really lucky if you get a space in this car park it's often overflowing and crowded,
    Car parking charges
    Up to one hour £2.50
    Up to two hours £5.00
    Up to three hours £7.50
    Up to four hours £10.00
    Up to five hours £12.50
    Up to six hours £15.00
    Up to seven hours £17.50
    Up to eight hours £20.00
    Over eight hours (daily fixed rate) £25.00
    Parking free between
    22:00 and 06:00
    Concession parking for staff and long term patients (£10 per week)

Not £128.00 for over staying for 10 mins and the worry did I get a ticket for saving someones live.

Any permanent member of staff can apply for an interest free loan to purchase an annual season ticket or a business parking permit from Wandsworth Borough Council. This allows you to benefit from the savings available when you purchase an annual season ticket and the loan is paid back over the course of the year via payroll deductions.

No parasites
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    ohh , irony , the biggest culprit (indigo) is a french company
    Yes they come here cos they can't do it there
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry £25 for parking all day , the average time it takes to see a doctor?

and they will state all money raised goes to its upkeep ,,,,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    One park has 290 space (only one of 3) £25 per day is £2,639,000 per year WOW
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes , tarmac wears out quickly and is very very expensive
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing