International Money Transfer

Options
Hello, I am a UK citizen, living in the UK, but my late Mother was Italian, and I am the beneficiary of her account in Italy, how do I go about transferring money to my UK account? I have read the article on MSE to do with sending money abroad, but this is the reverse. Is there a limit to how much I can send? How do I minimize fees? No experience of this at all

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We use https://www.currencyfair.com to transfer Sterling to our Euro account in Cyprus.

They send money in both directions if required.

Simple fee of £/€ 3 and decent exchange rates.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Most of the companies listed in the MSE article are available to customers in other EU countries. Consider at least Transferwise (and their Borderless Account), Revolut & Azimo. Which is best will depend on how much you have to transfer, shop around and make sure you're comparing on the amount to be received after all fees.
  • Preedyboi
    Options
    I would recommend checking Martin Lewis' impartial Travelmoneymax buyback Section to see which firms offer the best rates. Then contact them to see if you can electronically transfer the Euros to them (top listed Thomas Exchange UK offers this service).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure