Apple Pay, which shops can you use it for more than £30?

Options

Comments

• reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    Pretty much any Global payments, WorldPay or Elavon terminal (Bank issued and configured, not ones that retailers have integrated into their systems) will support Apple Pay transactions of atleast £500. I think Global payments supports up to £2000 (which is the same as the Apple Store).
  • Catswhiska
    Options
    Do Aldi accept over the £30 limit?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Catswhiska wrote: »
    Do Aldi accept over the £30 limit?
    No, the machine doesn't offer contactless when the amount is more than £30
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 February 2017 at 4:39AM
    Options
    Anyone paid over £30 in Sainsbury's? They say on Twitter they do but the last time I tried a couple of months ago it didn't. Not spent that much there since but have noticed receipt says device verified.

Also, Ikea take payments over £30.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What is the security if someone steals your iPhone and uses it for an Apple Pay?
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What is the security if someone steals your iPhone and uses it for an Apple Pay?

I don't use Apple Pay but have done in the past occasionally and I'm pretty sure that you need to confirm the transaction with your fingerprint each time.

Twice in the last fortnight I've been stuck behind someone on the exit gate at Cannon Street Station frantically retrying their phone. In the grand scheme of things it's only a few seconds each time but I certainly don't get the argument that it's easier to use a mobile rather than a card.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Cant say for iPhone but on Android you need to have security on the phone eg a pin to unlock it, maybe the fingerprint is the alternative.
  • Catswhiska
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    No, the machine doesn't offer contactless when the amount is more than £30
    That's a shame. It does at Lidl
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options

You'd need a registered fingerprint and/or know the phone's passcode.

Without either of those you'd be unable to use Apple Pay.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    I don't use Apple Pay but have done in the past occasionally and I'm pretty sure that you need to confirm the transaction with your fingerprint each time.

Twice in the last fortnight I've been stuck behind someone on the exit gate at Cannon Street Station frantically retrying their phone. In the grand scheme of things it's only a few seconds each time but I certainly don't get the argument that it's easier to use a mobile rather than a card.

They just need to learn how to pre-authorise it then there will be no problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure