EE Phone Repair

Options
Olokia
Olokia Posts: 905 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've had problems with my phone since I bought it in Apr 2017. Phone calls keep dropping and the battery dies far too quickly, under normal usage it dies around lunchtime after a full charge overnight.

Before I got round to taking it back to EE for a repair, I cracked the screen. The crack didn't affect usage at all but the phone call and battery issue got too much so I took it to EE. Apparently I voided all of the warranty because of the cracked screen which is annoying but I paid for the repair to the screen and the rest of the phone. The paperwork clearly said that the issue was with the phone calls and the battery.

When I got my phone back, the paperwork said that the issue was with wifi and they didn't find anything. Well obviously seeing as that was not the problem.

My phone has got worse since that repair and it now dies as soon as the battery drops to 20% which is before lunchtime so I always need a charger with me. I don't make many phone calls so haven't really noticed if they fixed the call issue. I took it back to EE and they said that even though it was officially repaired, I didn't get my warranty back and that I will have to pay for them to fix it again. Even though they didn't fix it the first time.

Can I make them fix it for free as it was their mistake why it hasn't been fixed? Are they right in that I've completely lost my warranty?

They sold me a faulty phone in the first place and I feel like they hold all the cards. I know it was my fault for not taking it back straight away but I gave birth shortly after I bought it and didn't have time. I'd also never cracked a screen in the whole time I've had smartphones since 2007 so thought I would still have time.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make a formal complaint. It's my understanding that paying for the network's repair usually reinstates the original warranty. That certainly has been my experience whilst working in the industry (I accept it may be company practice rather than the legal position).

Battery issues can be difficult, the battery itself is a consumable, nit covered by warranty. The way the phone is used can make huge differences to battery life.
  • Jenny_EE
    Jenny_EE Posts: 44 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Olokia wrote: »
    I've had problems with my phone since I bought it in Apr 2017. Phone calls keep dropping and the battery dies far too quickly, under normal usage it dies around lunchtime after a full charge overnight.

Before I got round to taking it back to EE for a repair, I cracked the screen. The crack didn't affect usage at all but the phone call and battery issue got too much so I took it to EE. Apparently I voided all of the warranty because of the cracked screen which is annoying but I paid for the repair to the screen and the rest of the phone. The paperwork clearly said that the issue was with the phone calls and the battery.

When I got my phone back, the paperwork said that the issue was with wifi and they didn't find anything. Well obviously seeing as that was not the problem.

My phone has got worse since that repair and it now dies as soon as the battery drops to 20% which is before lunchtime so I always need a charger with me. I don't make many phone calls so haven't really noticed if they fixed the call issue. I took it back to EE and they said that even though it was officially repaired, I didn't get my warranty back and that I will have to pay for them to fix it again. Even though they didn't fix it the first time.

Can I make them fix it for free as it was their mistake why it hasn't been fixed? Are they right in that I've completely lost my warranty?

They sold me a faulty phone in the first place and I feel like they hold all the cards. I know it was my fault for not taking it back straight away but I gave birth shortly after I bought it and didn't have time. I'd also never cracked a screen in the whole time I've had smartphones since 2007 so thought I would still have time.

Hello,

The best thing to do is pop back to store, explain you don't feel like the initial fault was fixed when the phone was with our Repair Team and they'll be happy to advise best from there.

Thanks, Jenny
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure