PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thread Thursday 6th March

Options

Comments

• pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone

Last night’s dinner was a piece of battered fish. My mum is good at getting all these YS items. We had it with pasta and sauce that my eldest had requested. The girls had their pasta with sausages.

My lunch today is the leftover pasta and sauce and I grabbed the last of the salami and also a sausage that was left over from last night.

No idea what is for dinner tonight, mum said she will have a look around the shops. My friend very kindly stops by my house and pick up my youngest to take her to preschool so my mum doesn’t have to walk there and another friend picks her up (they both have little ones there), god knows what the preschool are making of it! She has different people taking her there, picking her up, haha.

Already done my meal planner for the days I’m off work though, I like to be prepared. Tomorrow is simple beans on toast as DD1(5) has Rainbows after school and we don’t get in till 5.45pm.

JACKIEO – I’m so looking forward to the days when my girls can start making me stuff, haha. At 5 and 3 though, they do tend to need me to do everything for them still.

CAMELOT1001 – a whole new roof?! Blimey! What if it rains? How much do new roofs cost these days? Eek!

NMLC – cars can be so expensive, can’t they? Mine had its service and MOT over the weekend and I spent the whole day praying that my 12year old car that has done over 110,000miles would pass, but thankfully it did, phew!

SNOOZER – never mind her bf being jealous, so am I! Her job sounds amazing, what is that she does involving all this alcohol?

Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    nmlc me too I had to bring in the washing, it was nearly dry though , just popped it in the TD for a few minutes

Downstairs has been cleaned through and the bathroom too. I've had all the fridge out and cleaned that I hate that job . Freezer is the next job but I think I might Save it for another day :D

Bacon sandwich for lunch I think , not sure what's for tea yet . I want to eat out of the freezer for the next few days , to make it easier when I come to defrost it , so will have a rummage later xx
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    Bright here again and we have been down to Aldi and only spent £35, but I need some bits in Sainsbugs on Monday, but only if the car gets through the MOT tomorrow.

I managed to get the washing dried on the line yesterday, so I have none to do today, but I bet the bin will be full tomorrow.

I have some forms to fill in this afternoon, apart from that nothing much to report.

Pork chops for the boys chicken for me, with salad, mushrooms and savoury rice tonight.

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 March 2014 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Mr LW took the last cake out of the tin for his lunchbox tis morning, and wants me to make a carrot'n'orange cake. Luckily I have the carrot and orange already prepared; a while back I got 4 oranges for £1 on the market, plus a huge bag of carrots (also £1). We don't eat oranges as "just fruit" iyswim, so I weighed out 4 lots of carrots for cake, prepped the lot, and froze them in cake-sized amounts.;) There's now one left in the freezer still.:o

Mr LW is funny.... he left early this morning, to call at the surgery to pick up his prescription (they open at 07:00 on a Thursday) and has just rung me to say he's at the chemist right now. Nothing else, just he's getting his meds.:D

Reminds me, I must check and see if they have any April appointments available online yet at the surgery. Yes, that saga is still ongoing.:mad:
    ETA: Nope. Still no April appointments.:(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mrsmortenharket
    mrsmortenharket Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I've got nothing done. I fell asleep on the sofa. Currently have a coffee, trying to wake myself up so I can get going. I feel so disgustingly lazy. Unfortunatly this is also confirmation that the black dog has finally got a proper grip on me. It's not general cba :(
    I'm at a new doctors. Feel too scared to go to them & explain.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I've got nothing done. I fell asleep on the sofa. Currently have a coffee, trying to wake myself up so I can get going. I feel so disgustingly lazy. Unfortunatly this is also confirmation that the black dog has finally got a proper grip on me. It's not general cba :(
    Come on, grab some courage *holds out helping paw* and make an appointment. You know you need to see someone; and if you don't go, they don't have the opportunity to help you. x
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    is it possible for you to take someone with you for a bit of moral support? I often go down with my husband but when I go down I like to go by myself with a list of questions I need to ask. Please don't let fear put you off. Doctors are people, just like you and me. A few degrees and years at medical school doesn't change the fact their blood is still the same colour as yours.

Bathed both dogs and I am knackered now. Lucy dog weighs a ton (well it seems like she does when she is wet) and Millie dog is that small I have to bend down so low it gives me a bad back.

Vacuuming upstairs done but i'll wait till they have finished drying off and shedding loose hairs before I do downstairs.

Tried to make an appointment with my GP for my husband online. Nearest date they could give me was next Wednesday with some obscure doctor with an even more obscure name. I'll ring up tomorrow morning at 8 am.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollyanna, she's a drinks and food journalist. I don't drink very much myself so I'm not envious of those trips but I do have a pang when she's reviewing nice restaurants.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Raining here now,just as I as about to take the pup out :mad: I have ordered a new waterproof coat as the zip is going in the one I have,nor is it waterproof anymore.Its in the clearance section so a bargain I hope.
    DS2 & tribe are here for tea,salmon,veg and SW chips,fruit salad for after.

My niece has been here this aft with DGN,DH played outside with him while we looked at her new work uniform which is too big and they havent any smaller so she wants me to see if I can do anything with it.

Sistercas- my DH also bought himself a guitar a few months ago-I make him go upstairs to practice :D He did go to a nightclass about 30 years ago but I think he's forgotten all he learned :rotfl:so I sympathize.

Oh well better brave the rain,have a good evening all x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are corsage flowers for Bride & Groom Mum's not in fashion any more? X
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure