PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 18th November 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 18 November 2017 at 7:44AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 18th November 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH enjoying first cuppa of the day, I'm up, showered, dressed and just enjoyed first coffee and my brekkie - I'm working this morning.

Dinner last night was a bit disjointed, DS1 had pizza and chips, not long after he'd come in from work as he was going out and finishes work early on a Friday, DH and DS2 had breaded chicken portions, chips, beans/veg, I had a mushroom omelette and salad. Hopefully today's food will be everyone eating the same or nearly the same, although I'm not sure what that may be!

Yesterday was lovely to have a catch up with my friend, the time always races past but was great to see her. Lunch was nice too, so that will be a definite possibility for future catch ups. Parking was a bit tight but there appeared to be a big funeral at the church next to the car park and there were loads of people that looked like they were going to that. Normally you can get a parking space in there without too much bother.

This afternoon I think it will just be another chilled afternoon, I now have the lurgy but I'm feeling better than I was, I have a cough a 60 a day smoker would be proud of though, feels like it's rattling my bones though! I'm only working this morning as someone else needed today off, and now her plans have changed and she asked if I wanted her to take it back, and as I'd committed to doing it, I said I'd still go in. After today, I'm off until a week Tuesday - so plenty of time to take it easy, although I do have a rather large "to do" list.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all and thank you for starting the thread nmlc.

Our central heating has failed though we do at least have hot water still. This is going to be fun. If the water fails, we do have an electric shower.

Hope everyone has a good day and hopefully a warmer one than ours will be
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

Thank you for starting us off nmlc.

Yesterday was a really nice bright sunny day so I went for a walk around the park in the sunshine in the afternoon. I don’t mind these sort of autumn days and there were quite a few people in the part making the most of the weather while we can.

Today I intend to have a day at home. Hopefully getting some cleaning done and the bedding changed. Other than that I am going to spend the day reading and watching a bit of tv in the warm.

Hugs to everyone who is unwell or struggling at the moment.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Hope the cough passed on from your DH soon leaves you. It's a very generous bug is this one that's doing the rounds. The sky is grey but red on the skyline. Is that a good or bad sign.

We never got to the girls Children in Need show last night after all. Mr TA had been really off it all day and his Oramorph wasn't helping. He is still in bed but I am hoping he had a good sleep and feels much better today. Although I am dreading it, I shall be glad when he has had his next scan in December and we have an up to date picture. It's a constant worry.

No fixed plans for today. Two washer loads done yesterday and there will be ironing amongst the pile when I sort it all out. It may get hidden away or if I want a bit of excitement it may get done this afternoon.

I might pop in town on the bus this morning, weather permitting. Odd bits needed but nothing we are in dire need of if I don't go down.

(Just broken off as I got a What'sApp off DD - some pictures of the girls last night and a video of our middle DGD doing her modern dance routine. No video of youngest doing her manic cartwheeling Little Mix dance. I am wondering if she got stage fright as this appearing in public is all new to her! Older one is like a seasoned pro now and just loves performing)

Today's menu still to be sorted but will see first how Mr TA is and if he's up to eating.

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) for all wanting/needing them. I am hoping DUMPLING has been able to arrange a lift to visit Becky. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Hope DH feels better today TA.
    I think this is the year of coughs nmlc, feel better soon.

I had a better nights sleep, my arms aren't hurting quite so much so didn't get woken up in the night.

Washing to do today and the DW can go on, still haven't given the hoover an outing, must do that today.

I've run out of logs so that's my first trip out today, will get supplies whilst I'm out then have to sort out the christmas presents I have and see what I still need to get.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Hope Mr TA is feeling better today, extra (((hug))) for him.

Up and at 'em this morning. We set up yesterday afternoon, so nothing to do this morning except take money, I hope!!!

Its a bright cold morning, but not as cold as it was yesterday morning, bright sunshine now.

OH got all he wanted from the ironmongers in Bingham yesterday, so he is a happy man.

I have got some cooked chicken out for tonight, if I have enough strength I will cook pasta and garlic bread with it. Guess we will both be crackered.

OK off to brave the 'crowds' I hope!!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

We had dgd to stay last night but she's not well so she wanted to go home early.

No idea what hubby wants to do today I'll ask him when he gets up.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Cold but bright here, now back from the yard and enjoying a crumpet with a cup of coffee, we are meeting eldest DSS for brunch at 11am but starving :(
    Despite sailing through MOT and being serviced my mini has now had a warning light come on, the engine management one, so is back with the garage, the week of horrendous expense continues :o Oh well, first world problems and all that.
    Not much else planned, HM chicken strips for tea so easy peasy.

Hugs to all with worries and cares, have a good day folks x
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

There’s cold bright sunshine outside, almost inviting. There’s only a trip to the shops with DM to do this morning. Then I need to change an ink cartridge on her printer, she told me it was the black ink so I brought one with me, turns out to be the colour one.

After that I hope to be heading home. I have to vacuum out the woodburner before laying a new fire. Each burn doesn’t leave much ash but I’ve left if for about eight fires now.

Last night DM and I had a delivered takeaway from the chippie, a real treat, with a glass of wine whilst failing to answer many questions on Mastermind or getting much right on Only Connect! We tried.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Really nice day today bright blue sky

Managed a very "good for" me trip to costco yesterday. Got two lots of loo rolls kitchen wipes and kitchen roll along with 12 chicken breasts ....all on the list and nothing extra :)

Lots on the house list for the weekend but having a chill first till my age uk call at 10.

Last night it was a good dinner HM steak and kidney pie with chips and peas :D
    Not sure about tonight but the freezer campaign continues so it will be from there.

Right off for a fix of James Martin before my call then will crack on with the day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Morning all,

I deactivated my Facebook account last night completely. Id taken it off my phone some weeks ago but felt I had to, either that or say something to the Mother of my eldest Grandson which would have not gone down well. For years she has spent money she hadn't got and blamed my Son for leaving her as a one parent family. Truth be told, she was in debt before she met him and continued to spend like there was no tomorrow. She has used every excuse under the sun as to why she cant work and im sick of her bleating. I can't very well delete her or block her and my Mothering instincts im finding hard to ignore.

Grump...well apart from working a few days over the last few weeks is out of work. He has been since the end of September. At first nothing wiped the smile off his face but now he's worrying about paying the bills. Household bills are less than £300 a month but theres his fags and loans that have increased by swapping and changing cars. Hes lost the use of his legs too and we row constantly. I really shouldnt have to remind him he needs to shower regularly should I?

Today I must...

[STRIKE]Steam clean hard floors - didnt do it yesterday[/STRIKE].
    [STRIKE]Vacuum downstairs
    Prepare tea....Fish I think[/STRIKE]

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business