PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning all

Dont ever stop posting here Pigpen - its not the same without you! And yeah I have all sorts of grand plans that will probably never come to anything either. I can sort of see you driving off into the sunset in a Purple Rangerover though.

Need to get myself moving, getting way too late on a morning. Next week we start a new routine where DS2 has to be dropped off for the bus at 7.10am!!!

So- plans for the day. Job no. 1, gym, call at L:dl, job no. 2, feed everyone, give the kitchen a proper clean.

Washing to go out, little bit of ironing to do (I dont do much), online banking to check. Hope someone else will empty the dw.

Right, on with the day - have a good Wednesday everyone x
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning All,

Frodders - I have been thinking of you, keep on keeping on, really not long to go x
    Piggers - I ADORE your posts, never leave us please!

Four hours paid stuff today, then DD swimming lessons after school (takes all my energy to be arrissed to go I must admit!) Also just paid for said lessons for next 2 months - empty bank again!

Just cooking my breakfast and kiddies playing nicely. Out for dinner tonight - a treat from a friend, I shan't grumble - must NOT drink wine, have full day of work tomorrow :o:cool:

Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Welocme white musk
    Welcome back lauradora
    Hugs to all who need them
    Pigpen stay right where you are we all love your posts and it's not the same when you aren't on there posting.
    Cardi bow tie and bridesmaids dress all finished off. Slight disaster with dd2s bridesmaid dress I pressed it and it now has slight water marks on. Dd3 (bride has asked me to rinse the whole skirt area and iron it dry) so this morning will be scary doing that!!!! Can I actually make it any worse I ask myself?????
    Speech has been written just needs typing up
    Ds2 has lost his shirt so this morning we are out hunting for a new one. Nails booked for this afternoon so we are almost there.

Will check the lists as well and see what today has in store,

Have a good morning all.x
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning - and it's a sunny one for now anyway.

I'm just doing my happy-back-to-school dance.....duster in hand of course! I'm not completely back on track, as DH is "working" at home today, so that I can take him for an appointment later. I'm doing my best to drive him into a closed dining room by starting on Monday's list (finally!) and switching the vacuum cleaner on. Mwah ha ha!

I have some errands for later, and will do some grocery shopping while waiting for DH. Running out of milk for my coffee is NOT a good idea on my day off.

Welcome White_musk and welcome back lauradora.
    Pigpen - I'm loving the purple Range rover
  • sammiell
    sammiell Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2017 at 2:20PM
    Options
    Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge

Level 1

Plump cushions
    Empty Bins
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants

Level 2

Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Dust around everywhere
    Make sure logs are in and drying - autumn's looming
    Wipe light switches/sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 3

Vacuum/mop floors
    Clean Windows
    Clean light fittings
    Make sure your sitting room/lounge/whatever you call it is ready for the most important people in your life - your family - to relax in.

Extras

Check you have spare light bulbs in because they blow at the most inconvenient time.
    get all smoke detectors tested and replace batteries
    Make any routine appointments
    HHI
    And if the kiddiwinks have gone back to school and you have time at home alone, then sit down with a book, and a cuppa, and RELAX for half and hour. If you haven't got any kids relax anyway...if reading's not your bag what about a nice, long UNINTERRUPTED bath...or snooze... you get the idea

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one
    Remove rubbish

Level 2
    Level 3
    Put out clean towels
    Extras
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    If today is your first child free day TAKE TIME OUT for youself

Wednesday Wipe day - kitchen dining

Level 1
    Empty bins
    Clear sides, wipe, wipe what lives there and replace
    rehome all worktop gibble
    Clean table - polish/wipe and chairs, too

Level 2

Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts - don't forget handles and tops and bottoms where drips hide and dry - ugh
    Dust dining area

level 3
    Clean and clear floors
    wipe sockets, switches skirtings
    PUT ALL POTS AWAY

Extras

Clean windows
    HHI
    Back here again I really need to sort this sh#t out
    Ds back to school toay
    Dd back to uni this weekend so I'm starting on the downstairs will do upstairs when she has gone so far ive done downstairs toilet and am working on the hall
    Thanks for the tread
    upstairs tidied and hoovered
    bed made
    ensuite cleaned
    paintwork scrubbed in hall how do dog bogies get so far
    floor swept and mopped
    DW on
    Lunch tidied away
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Wee ones back to school today. I shouldn't call them that any more, they are mahoosive these days. DD breezed in like she owned the place as usual, DS a little apprehensive but cheerful and happy to catch his best buddy on the way into the playground.

I've popped up to town to return library books, grab a few cleaning bits and treated our furry friends to a nibble tray. They are just arguing about who it belongs to - even though it's bigger than both of them together lol.

Have lots of organising to do today, desk dumping area to see to, but just having breakfast and messaging my friend, her mum has died suddenly so seeing if she needs anything doing at home while she's away. Poor love.

Right, I'll finish brekkie and crack on!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 September 2017 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Oh good morning migraine.. drugs wore off and I don't have any more, and can't afford any. GP is a stomabag.. a full one!

Right.. today, other than the rest of my knitting, I have washing to hang out, phone call to make .. to.. erm.. crap, I forgot.. ooh... prescription people, I *think* I am exempt from charges but not sure so need to check (eta.. and mortgage bods).. erm.. I need to pick up Boogs meds.. but first I need to put clothes on the baby because she pooped in her last lot and go buy milk and sugar with my last £2 otherwise there is no cups of tea for me today.. we need bread too but that depends on funds.. and I have the girls swimming to pay for on Saturday.

I only want to drive right this minute because I saw a purple range rover and loved it.. we have never had the funds but I WILL create the funds, if I have to pimp myself out!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Welcome white_musk and hi to lauradora . White_musk there are a few of us here who also struggle physically. Just try level one, if you can. No rush to do anything as it will still be there next time round.

I have managed to find some energy from somewhere this morning so have managed quite a lot.
    Wednesday Wipe day - kitchen dining

Level 1

Open windows
    Empty bins
    Clear sides, wipe, wipe what lives there and replace-done
    rehome all worktop gibble
    Clean table - polish/wipe and chairs, too

Level 2

Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts - don't forget handles and tops and bottoms where drips hide and dry - ugh-done.

I discovered what I have always was that and a design fault around the temperature gauge on the door of my oven was yukky food debris.
    Dust dining area
    Remove gibble from dining room (It's my dump - somebody else must be equally bad)-done. On all three tables, kitchen, breakfast and dining room :)

level 3
    Clean and clear floors- Mr P vacuumed and mopped.
    wipe sockets, switches skirtings
    PUT ALL POTS AWAY

Extras

Clean windows
    HHI
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Errands run, DH's appointment decluttered, grocery shop done and put away.
    DD's bedding changed and now going round in the WM as it looks like it might stay dry enough to hang outside.
    LR list from Monday pretty much done. Just the windows to clean, and they do need it. But DH is now in residence, apparently 'resting' after his appointment.
    Downstairs loo cleaned. I will tackle the shower later
    Am just rewarding myself with a Chelsea bun and a cuppa. :p
  • White_musk
    Options
    Good morning all, sun is shining it's lovely.

I slept until 8:30 this morning, I've not slept that late in quite a while, so now I am no longer 'stiff as a board' I plan on cleaning my kitchen today. I have a galley kitchen, so most things are accessible reasonably easily, so hope to manage to do reasonably well with today's challenge.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure