I'm a Personal Trainer - What do you guys do to stay fit?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    brat wrote: »
    My cycling FTP (Functional Threshold Power) is 295 watts

Is that measured on a dynamometer? Do you know what your time is for a Bruce test?
  • brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    jack_pott wrote: »
    Is that measured on a dynamometer? Do you know what your time is for a Bruce test?

The FTP is measured at 95% of average power over 20 minutes of top power. I did it on my Wahoo Kickr using the Trainerroad app.

I've never done a Bruce test, although I do a 15m beep test each year. We are required to reach level 9.4. My last beep test was 13.1.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a PT 3x a week, and so bench press, deadlift, back squats and really fun stuff like 120kg tyre flips, battleropes etc. Best thing I ever did and I never thought i'd get to 25 on toes/1 leg press ups, let alone at my size!

Sometimes swim a couple of times a week but depends on health x
  • warriorsq
    warriorsq Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 April 2017 at 3:29PM
    Options
    I'm 48 and run 1600-2000 miles a year mostly long distance and ultras. I also cycle 3000 plus a year although cycling is mostly made up of commuting to work each day. I did the Centurion Grand Slam last year which is 4x100 mile nonstop ultras in 6 months all sub 24h which I'm really proud of as well as a sub 40min 10k and sub 1:30 half
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    .....wrong side of 45, but during the week I try to do: Bodyattack class, swimming (2000m per session x2), spin, zumba and Yoga. I'm fitter now then I ever had been, but can't run for toffee would rather undertake a class or swim.
    Doesn't matter what you do so long as you're moving.

Arkers x
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    warriorsq wrote: »
    I'm 48 and run 1600-2000 miles a year mostly long distance and ultras. I also cycle 3000 plus a year although cycling is mostly made up of commuting to work each day. I did the Centurion Grand Slam last year which is 4x100 mile nonstop ultras in 6 months all sub 24h which I'm really proud of as well as a sub 40min 10k and sub 1:30 half

That's impressive!
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • warriorsq
    warriorsq Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 April 2017 at 9:34PM
    Options
    That's impressive!

Thanks! I always say the best decision I ever made was not learning to drive or i'd be 20 stone now. You run 30 miles a week which is good and good luck with the half marathons
  • Zzelonzi
    Options
    Hello! I'm 25, female. I trained in a gym (3-4 times per week, for 60-90 minutes) for last 3 month. Before that, I did some exercises at home and cycled during summer. I've learned a lot through the years of workouts, so now I train on my own.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I run ....

Average around 50 miles a week. Incorporates intervals, hills, tempo, easy and recovery runs.

Also do circuits and badminton as cross training.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    I run ....

Average around 50 miles a week. Incorporates intervals, hills, tempo, easy and recovery runs.

Also do circuits and badminton as cross training.
    Do you do any cadence training?
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family