Plusnet Question

Options
Good morning,

I've joined Plusnet after moving house; the previous occupants placed a 'cease' on the line which has completed and my landline is due to kick in from 01/06.

They quote a turn around of 10-12 working days from placing the order for Fibre. Just out of interest does it usually take them that long to activate the service or has it been quicker/slower for those of you who've joined them?

Cheers.
It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's installed by BT open reach , standard lead time I'm afraid for new orders
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    It's installed by BT open reach , standard lead time I'm afraid for new orders

Thanks for that. Was hoping it'd be a bit quicker seeing as they're part of the BT group but I guess I'll have to learn the art of patience :rotfl: .
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All ISPs get the same preference from BT OR .
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    Let me correct that for you...
    All ISPs get the same preference poor service from BT OR
  • kingrulzuk
    kingrulzuk Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options
    kwikbreaks wrote: »
    Let me correct that for you...
    All ISPs get the same preference poor service from BT OR

I agree :rotfl:
    What happens if you push this button?
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen billboards saying BT will repair line faults 24 hours quicker for BT customers, presumably they don't mean Openreach will be working slower for anyone who isn't one of their customers !!!
  • rusty_f
    rusty_f Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I've seen billboards saying BT will repair line faults 24 hours quicker for BT customers, presumably they don't mean Openreach will be working slower for anyone who isn't one of their customers !!!

I expect they are paying BT Wholesale/Openreach for a higher Care Level for maintenance on the line, or paying the one-off fee for each fault raised to raise it to an 'Expedited Repair'

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/serviceharmonisation/serviceharmonisation.do
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you get better service from PlusNet than I have received.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport