Weird scenario at the Bank

Options
13»

Comments

• societys_child
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    I'd hope we all have enough civic pride and belief in being civil to others to recognise that having racist graffiti left up is something worth complaining about.
    Point it out, yes, but complain (to people who didn't cause it) and demand cash because your offended?

Sounds like a scam anyway.
  • Outsider_83
    Options
    I popped back in today, the area has been cordoned off. I asked out of interest what had happened, the staff member advised that someone had put "inappropriate" graffiti on a bench that was subsequently picked up on by another customer. I'm led to believe that money was paid out to the "injured party".
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I popped back in today, the area has been cordoned off. I asked out of interest what had happened, the staff member advised that someone had put "inappropriate" graffiti on a bench that was subsequently picked up on by another customer. I'm led to believe that money was paid out to the "injured party".

Sad that they paid out to be honest. Probably inevitable because someone wanting money for such a thing probably knows it'd have cost them £550.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Outsider_83
    Options
    £550, really?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a standard cost that the bank has to pay when a non frivolous claim is referred to the regulator, however anecdotally it's a lot less than £500 for the major players, so the compo, if p[aid, could be much less.

You'd expect something like this to be dealt with in a similar way to potholes, the 'injured' party would have to claim the owner has been negligent, and not check within a defined period or been previously advised.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The customers should now all be offended because the bank wasted money that they will have to make up for in fees or poor interest.

Racism isn't nice but it is represented as one way, when the truth is that it goes both ways but one is ignored.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    There's a standard cost that the bank has to pay when a non frivolous claim is referred to the regulator, however anecdotally it's a lot less than £500 for the major players, so the compo, if p[aid, could be much less.

You'd expect something like this to be dealt with in a similar way to potholes, the 'injured' party would have to claim the owner has been negligent, and not check within a defined period or been previously advised.

It not the regulator - It's the Financial Ombudsmen Scheme.

I hope that bank decided the 'offended' individual isn't worth doing business with and closed his/her accounts.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    I hope that bank decided the 'offended' individual isn't worth doing business with and closed his/her accounts.
    Just imagine how that individual would respond to being, er, blacklisted....
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2017 at 3:49PM
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    The customers should now all be offended because the bank wasted money that they will have to make up for in fees or poor interest.
    I am offended too. So, which bank was it?.....
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    It not the regulator - It's the Financial Ombudsmen Scheme.
    Think I'll make a claim against them too, implying that women aren't welcome in applying for such a role.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure