Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 8 September 2017 at 10:43AM
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    So..

#CCA News..

Well I have been informed by the aad that the Natw*st cca received is unenforceable.... :D Now this is a whopping £8900 debt, my second largest.. now I am just a little unsure what to do next.. The debt has literally just been sold on to ca*ot... They suggest I do nothing but then it looks like I am ignoring the debt as ca*ot won't know that the cca is apparently ue.. I will subscribe to aad soon so I can access all the template letters. am just thinking on this one at the minute...

I currently have 1 debt that they are unable to supply paperwork for so definitely UE for now anyway that is £4148... and if this one is as well that would bring my total UE debts to £13125... leaving me with a current dmp balance of £26612 :j:j:j Bearing in mind we started at £60062.... but for now I shall leave my totals as they are...

I will do cca letters for the other 3 debts at the weekend or next week..... its a complicated business you know..!!

Love Puzz. x

Brilliant news about the unenforceable debt and a whopper of one too:j:T. Well done for persisting.:beer:.

The AAD website is wonderful isn't it, such a mine of information which me, being me, has failed to act on yet:o. I really must do better after your success especially where saving money is concerned. You put me to shame. Please keep us posted about what you do next.

Can I be cheeky and ask if Niddy (from AAD) gave you the exact reason why the debt is unenforceable please? The paperwork for my biggest (with Lloyds) for about £7200 at the last count seems a bit iffy to me but I can't really understand what the 'prescribed terms' that we are supposed to have are. I feel such a numpty sometimes, having to ask people to explain:o. Not only is this my biggest debt but I'd really like to get back at Lloyds for so much hassle over the years. Plus, the cover letter they sent with the CCA info was so high-handed basically saying that what they sent fully complies with the request and they would not enter into any further discussion on the subject:eek:. Yeah, right:eek:! They'll damn well have to if it turns out to be unenforceable after all;).

I was getting a bit disillusioned that my debt balance wasn't reducing now I'm on a £1 token payments mission so I have deducted the total amount of the unenforceable debts from the total balance in my signature. It's definitely 'creative accounting', I think that's the term for massaging the figures:rotfl:, but has made me feel a whole lot better:j. It seemed very strange and wrong to do it but it gave me a real boost. I'll obviously try to negotiate a silly F&F with them, although sourcrates on the DMP Support thread suggests just walking away from unenforceables:eek:. I'm such a wimp and don't think I could ever do that:o. I'm not paying anything at all to these debts at the moment. One of the enforceables administered by Wescot has recently been sold to Cabot so if Wescot sell their other one, the Lloyds one which I'm praying is unenforceable after all, I may get away with paying a very small F&F on it especially if it really is unenforceable. I'm building up a healthy fund to pay these off with when the time is right thanks to a PPI payment and possibly some future repayment of charges etc. I live in hope.
  • Puzzcat wrote: »
    So..

Friday... :j always good.. I am absolutely shattered today having travelled up and back to dd's new home by PT... about 2 1/2 hours each way.. exhausting.. we were both up for an early night last night.... The house is sweet, I am sure it will look lovely when all the girls are in with there girly junk.. dd had a choice of 2 rooms and picked the smaller one at the back of the house as the front appeared quite noisy... will be going down I believe with OH and van next weekend for her to move in... I did notice they don't have a freezer.. dd eats from the freezer so looks like I have another purchase to make unless all the girls want to share the cost.. will wait and see...So the cost of the day... £70 :eek::eek::eek: and that was with cheap train tickets.. add on bus and oyster fares, sandwich lunch and a naughty fish & chip supper on the way home.... good job we don't plan to do it too often....

Love Puzz. x

The trip to DD's house sounds very tiring but reassuring too. I'm really pleased that she's found such a lovely place to live. I hope she'll be very happy there:T. Let's hope your wish that the others will want to contribute to the freezer comes true. Maybe one of the others will have parents who supply one. I'd bide my time a bit if I were you. No use spending money unless really essential. Having said that, when I was a student we didn't even have a fridge never mind a freezer and we survived. We ate pretty well and never had food poisoning:rotfl:. Frozen food wasn't the norm in those faraway days though;)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 8 September 2017 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Sorry, Puzz, for clogging up your thread:o. I just need a bit of help on the AAD situation and I know you're the gal to help:A

I signed up weeks ago and, spurred on by your success, have just been on there to try to start the ball rolling asking for help and uploading my CCA paperwork. I've had no success at all so far. I'm not very techy though and am obviously doing something wrong:o

The link to upload something to Niddy doesn't work:eek:. I just get 'Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message'. I haven't contacted them for help yet as I assume it's something I should be able to suss out myself.

Did you have to start a Diary first? I don't find the site instructions very easy to fathom:o. Obviously, I'm not asking for your username or anything personal, just advice on whether I have to go through a Diary-starting process first. Also, did you do all your communicating via the free part of the site or did you take out a subscription? I don't mind paying if necessary, after all you have to speculate to accumulate as the saying goes;).

Sorry to be so obtuse as I know what a busy life you lead but any advice that might get my **** into gear would be priceless.

Thank you:A
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, Puzz, for clogging up your thread:o. I just need a bit of help on the AAW situation and I know you're the gal to help:A

I signed up weeks ago and, spurred on by your success, have just been on there to try to start the ball rolling asking for help and uploading my CCA paperwork. I've had no success at all so far. I'm not very techy though and am obviously doing something wrong:o

The link to upload something to Niddy doesn't work:eek:. I just get 'Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message'. I haven't contacted them for help yet as I assume it's something I should be able to suss out myself.

Did you have to start a Diary first? I don't find the site instructions very easy to fathom:o. Obviously, I'm not asking for your username or anything personal, just advice on whether I have to go through a Diary-starting process first. Also, did you do all your communicating via the free part of the site or did you take out a subscription? I don't mind paying if necessary, after all you have to speculate to accumulate as the saying goes;).

Sorry to be so obtuse as I know what a busy life you lead but any advice that might get my **** into gear would be priceless.

Thank you:A

Hi cbc,

Any excuse for me to go later into the office...

Right I scanned my documents onto my pc and then sent them by email. On the website I went to aad forum, unenforceable checking agreements, document checking and then emailed them via the webmaster email address. I did start a diary, not hard to find with my username.. I haven't paid to subscribe yet but I will to access the template letters to send to the creditor/dca... My debt was UE because of the prescribed terms, I won't go into detail here just in case.... but Niddy will tell you what's wrong if something is...

Hope this helps.. now puzz off to work...:rotfl:

puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi cbc,

Any excuse for me to go later into the office...

Right I scanned my documents onto my pc and then sent them by email. On the website I went to aad forum, unenforceable checking agreements, document checking and then emailed them via the webmaster email address. I did start a diary, not hard to find with my username.. I haven't paid to subscribe yet but I will to access the template letters to send to the creditor/dca... My debt was UE because of the prescribed terms, I won't go into detail here just in case.... but Niddy will tell you what's wrong if something is...

Hope this helps.. now puzz off to work...:rotfl:

puzz. x

:hello: cbc.. did you manage to do it...????
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Good Morning...

So the weekend disappeared in a flash and we are now on the countdown for dd to move homes..:( The difference in our moods this year to last is amazing... I know I am still going to miss her dreadfully but as she is excited this year it makes all the difference... I hope....!!!! So we are knee deep in packing and shopping and sorting paperwork, banking etc etc.. busy busy.. I don't really have time for that work stuff...!!!!

Did manage my little bit of overtime at the weekend and we did some shopping and got some bits crossed off the list.. today we are off to the hairdressers well dd is, I can't afford mine yet.... and then some more shopping... and then I am off again on Friday to do yet more shopping......

My poor bank account......I am so glad I have my saving pots..!!!

I have done my cca's for the last 3 debts and will post today, also done the letter for the debt that a*d say is ue.. I am going to keep paying this one for now, just curious to see what they come back with.. had to pay £10 to join the site to access the correct letter but will be worth it if it saves me £8900.....

Still haven't seen LM... :eek: Must try to fit her in this week as well as everything else.... its all a juggling act.. hopefully come next Tuesday it will all settle down and I can catch up with myself.. and everyone else..!!!

Right best go try to get dd awake.. she is a sleepy slug...!!!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j:j Friday... and a day off for me....

So dd's hair done.. £40.. new passport applied for £72.50... bus pass to buy... £132...new coat £52... mirror for room in new house £29.99....and shopping today....:eek::eek::eek:

Still using pot money and have some pennies still in the bank.. after Monday when we deliver dd I hope to have a cheap run to payday..!!!

Nothing exciting to report, just getting everything sorted for Monday and then time to concentrate on LM, work and me.. !

No socials booked at the moment, will organise something with my girls probably for the beginning of next month we shall see.. then off to Ireland with LM mid October.. have some euro's already and some pennies in city break pot...

Autumn appears to have arrived suddenly and its getting quite chilly in the evenings now... brr... socks and jumpers everyone. the heating isn't going on yet..!!

Still picking tomatoes.....

Have a good weekend..
    Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 15 September 2017 at 12:27PM
    Options
    :hello: cbc.. did you manage to do it...????

Thanks a million for the information, Puzz:A, especially if it made you late for work;)

Yes, I found it OK but still haven't done anything:o. Now there's a surprise:rotfl:. I'm having problems scanning documents, my technology is ancient and I don't think all the multi-functions work with this newer laptop. I can print OK and copy but am unable to scan. Maybe I need to try to update the driver. I keep putting off anything even slightly techie:o. Must do better.

I think Niddy is away on his hols at the moment anyway. I probably need to post something on the thread first and/or start a diary, something I don't need to scan documents for. Then I can email the documents to him when I get things working.

On the plus side, a PPI claim is nearing the time they gave me for the likely verdict. Keeping my fingers well and truly crossed as it's from the same bank that upheld my other one and this is pretty much the same type of thing. Won't make me rich but every little helps towards my F&F fighting fund;)

Oh yes, still eating and freezing runner beans:j. The gales earlier in the week made some of the canes keel over a bit but OH secured them again and none of the plants were killed off:j. OH brought 4 ripe tomatoes in yesterday, the sum total of the crop for the past week and that's over all the plants:(
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    So...... dd is now settled into her rented house...:(:D:(:D

All went well, met 2 of her housemates they seem very nice and she seem's very happy. We have texted/spoken/what's app quite a few times but not in any i'm sad/lonely/depressed way.. She sent one saying she''s a very happy girl which makes for a happy mum...!

A rather spendy day for me mind... £132 for the 3 month bus ticket and £150 for the freezer.. She needs one, and I had the money so have ordered it for delivery on Thursday.. One of the other girls parents have bought them a TV..:eek: although they can't get it working..... and the broadband isn't working yet either.. oh gosh how will they cope.. let's hope the freezer works okay...!!!!

No tears here, bit sad but nothing like last year, let's hope it stays that way..

I now have 2 social events both at my house so that's :money:

Still sleeping badly well not sleeping really, as in waking up and not being able to get back to sleep.. hope it doesn't last long as I am ready for a nap about now..!

Nothing from any of my creditors/cca's or from Natw*st following my disputing the enforceable cca they sent.. I am going to keep paying this as I don't want to upset any apple carts at this stage.

That's about it.. I still have some pennies surprisingly.. £66 left in dd's new house account and £60 from Lovely Mother.. I gave dd £40 to buy some new jeans... No doubt more will be needed as they settle in...

And I am aiming at the treadmill this evening.. :D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Hello Puzz,
    sorry I haven't been over for a while.
    Glad that Ds is happier this year - it makes all the difference doesn't it? :)
    Sounds like everything is ticking over nicely. Unfortunately My treadmill has an inch thick layer of dust on it :(

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure