PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th December 2017

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 10:05AM
    Options
    There were three decent sized deer on the dual carriageway this morning at 1.00 am as I left the vet's. Devil Cat whinged all the way there, took his meds with no fuss at all and went a bit silent on the way back. I never worry about whether a cat is ready to go if they've got the energy to whinge and the belief that if they make their feelings known life will change for the better. Everyone's good wishes are obviously keeping the little chap going, so thank you for that.
    I chucked everything in the bin after it piled up in the sink unwashed for a week.

No plates, no mugs, no cutlery... I had my mug in my desk, so I was fine.

It never got messy again.

I love this!

Ionafan, some of that list will have to wait. No-one can do all of that in the time you've got available without exhausting themselves. (((Hugs))) I'm glad the essay if off the desk. Rosie's pawprints just make the place look lived in, by the way.

Really sorry to hear about your husband's job, Lynne and those of all of his colleagues. Horrible time of year for it to happen, as well. Any news on the windows?

I hope the session tomorrow goes as well as one of those sessions can Dizzy. I'll be thinking of you.

It sounds as though a fair few Flyladies are going down with something unpleasant, and any that aren't are trying to do too much, both of which seem to be par for the course in December. *Healing vibes* for everyone feeling under the weather, and that includes Piggers and LW.

I've made huge progress on the endless list, and am very, very happy with the outcome of the Six Thinking Hats excercise. I no longer feel harrassed by the listy, and have a number of things to do by tomorrow evening that will reduce the In Tray considerably, and another pile by Christmas. It think it's do-able but much more importantly because I don't feel I'm drowning in it I feel much better in myself.

Yesterday I surprised myself by fitting in various things I hadn't really intended to do - bread made, oven cleaned, kitchen sink sorted, two new lodgers in, one bribed to go into my office for her last night for a discount because of the late booking and the fact that they're not leaving until Monday and the six week booking person is arriving on Sunday, DW run and emptied, washing folded and put away.

I have a busy day and tomorrow will be as well, but I think I'm ready for them for once.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Options
    Help me...

The guitar daughter.. I got her a pruple thing she will love.. with accessories.. now Lidl have a keyboard in for £90.. do I get her that too???? She can play she just doesn't because I made CF take the enormous old one he got from goodness knows where back to his as we had no room.. It is her birthday on the 19th so I need to cover that too.. She asked me for a guitar cover last night lol.

Twinkle is running about starkers... she loves being naked.. she dashes around squealing and rubbing her tummy.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all - feeling rubbish - pains in my feet unbearable - considering trying to get doctors appointment but already on 3 different painkillers can't see point of going up there again

are we free-flying today as I can't see list?
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Lynne - I am so, so sorry for the situation your DH is in. Really truly I am, we have been there once before and it was just horrid. Remember we are all here for you, have a big hug, hot brew and plate of cookies from me xx

Iona - Well done on getting that essay in :j x
    HB - Your post was lovely to read, I am glad the system is working for you x
    Gentle vibes to Valli and "keep on keeping on lass" vibes to Frodders xx
    Dizzy - thinking of you lovely xx

The in-laws have been here the last 3 days.... say no more :rotfl:

They are leaving shortly though so I will get some peace before going back down to school at 2.30 for DD winter fair.

Just about to pay yet another tax bill. Our current account looks totally bare and I have no idea where money has leaked to this past fortnight; it just seems to be a constant round of paying out at the moment.

Has anyone else been looking at the Simplifying Life thread? It has given me a lot of food for thought x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    Options
    Twinkle screamed onmy lap until she was asleep.. hopefully she will feel better after her nap. I am going to get OH's presents wrapped while he is out.. I only have 3 lots left to do then I hope!! lol.

2 items to post, a Next return to arrange and I want to pop in the local cheapy shop and spend £20 on bits of slap for stockings.. they sell good branded makeup for a fraction of the cost.. bourgois nail polish for £1 and rimmel eye liners for 50p.. that should sort the bigger ones out. I need to sort 3 phone upgrades.. and get DS2 new shoes.. I have half a dozen things on my Amazon 'wishlist' which I may or may not get (tassimo tea's for DS3 for example).. and some for next Christmas so I can keep an eye on the prices! ooh.. cheapy rings for DS3.. I need some of those.. and IF I have quids I am heading to Lush and Thorntons.. see what bargains I can conjure.. I have my £118 Quidco money and £90 saved and £200 to come from my mother.. buzzards.. I need to finish her shopping.. I best crack on.. I'm so rubbish at this.. I need to find my list! How Santa gets away with checking it twice is beyond me.. if I don't check mine daily I am screwed!

Cuppa, TD and wrapping.. Flying put firmly on the back burner!
  • pigpen
    Options
    scrap that.. she is awake and screaming already.. *cry*
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Rosie's pawprints just make the place look lived in, by the way.
    Thanks Honey Bear :rotfl:

My achievements so far today:
    - got up, showered and dressed, had breakfast (not in that order :o )
    - washed up and cleared the kitchen worktops
    - hoovered and steam mopped the kitchen and DR/hallway floors - the footprints had gone by 10.00
    - sat and chatted to my friend while she did my nails - it's my one occasional hour's treat to stay put and do nothing :)
    - downloaded my Advent calendar, opened all the doors up to today and played one of the games
    - made :coffee::coffee: for DH
    - took Rosie for another walk (so the muddy footprints are back :p
    - prepped leek and potato soup: we're now waiting for it to be ready to eat
    - made a decision to do gardening this afternoon (yes, I know, it won't really do my nails any good, but DD gave me new gardening gloves for my birthday) and at least plant up the tubs and tie up the rambling rose so that DH can put up the lights on the rose arches. I can write cards and pack up the parcel this evening.
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I've made huge progress on the endless list, and am very, very happy with the outcome of the Six Thinking Hats excercise. I no longer feel harrassed by the listy, and ... I don't feel I'm drowning in it I feel much better in myself.
    I am so looking forward to June and the end of my course, then I won't feel I'm drowning, either.

Catch up later x
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Kiddies collected, winter fair attended and failed miserably at the tombola! Dropped off a couple of outgrown coats at the chazza as well.

My flylady present has been posted and mine has also arrived today :j

Need to empty TD, make kids dinner then will don my PJs. Might even have a cheeky mid-week vino as well.

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Options
    Cards posted to you Natty.

My three day listy has been finished in two! The system works! Everything else that I'd normally be stressing about is in the three weeks or three month category, and that includes the rest of my Christmas cards. I'm not stressing about anything, and am doing the one thing I want to do for an hour or two before going to the flicks this evening.

OH texted from the train, 'Is there anything you want me to buy on the way home?' 'Yes, something quick and easy to eat for tonight.' He's bought lovely things for tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. I heart him.
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quick update on today's achievements:
    - 4 loads of washing done, TD'd and folded; 1 shirt ironed
    - lawn raked
    - bulbs and polyanthus or wallflowers planted in 5 tubs on patio
    - paperwhite narcissi and dark red hyacinths planted in (separate) bowls
    - took Rosie for another, shorter, walk - no squirrel chasing this time, as it was nearly dark
    - sausage casserole cooked and eaten.

Meanwhile DH sat in his armchair for about 2 hours, then went to the clothes alterations shop, only to find that the lady had gone home early because she wasn't feeling very well, and he's now back in his mancave putting up new shelves (which he hadn't measured before taking them out of the packaging).
    He has, however, bought very expensive tickets for us to go to a concert by The Sixteen in the big city next Monday :A :D

The enormous snowman (about 8 feet tall and all lit up) that I can see from my study window has been joined today by an even bigger Christmas tree :xmastree:

Must phone DS2 about presents for the boys.

See you tomorrow x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport