Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not sure where you got that quote from, but the actual T&Cs clearly say "2 direct debits or standing orders" (my emphasis). Indeed, when I blagged my HSBC incentive 18 months ago I switched 2 SOs.

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-accounts/hsbc-advance

I never say they will not pay rewards if people just have SOs.

They might still tolerate it.as they do not need the DD to be maintained. With such condition they know that people could easily move DDs to other banks once the rewards has been paid.
  • SpeedSouth
    Options
    Doh...I just setup 2 Internet savers on Monday to get a couple of DD's added to a donor account to switch to HSBC. Still I should get the £150, maybe not the £50 for the full 12 months I suppose.

I've got a lot of DD's already. Have to setup more pension DD's I'd guess
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »

There is no need for a DD on either account to satisfy the T&Cs. As I say many people will fund the payment in with an SO but just for convenience. This is £1,000 for the FlexDirect but nothing for the FlexAccount unless you want to be eligible for the Flexclusive Regular Saver. Then you will need to pay in £750 per month.

The latter should be little problem, if you use the account to feed your existing regular saver's £500.

We have 3 Flexdirects and had I meant downgrade (or possibly close) the soles , while keeping a downgraded joint to service our two savers, but as there are only a few months to go to restarting a saver, I think it best to keep two sole accounts going, as a joint account only would mean a joint saver,meaning only one between us.

Reopen a joint and upgrade the two soles if and when (and if)the 5% paying current accounts become available.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    ...a joint account only would mean a joint saver,meaning only one between us.
    There's a workaround for 2 sole regular savers from a joint FlexDirect. It's on the boards somewhere, or maybe someone who's done it will tell you how (I've forgotten the detail, sorry).
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 October 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options
    There's a workaround for 2 sole regular savers from a joint FlexDirect. It's on the boards somewhere, or maybe someone who's done it will tell you how (I've forgotten the detail, sorry).

Indeed you are allowed 2 sole regular savers from a joint FlexDirect but the problem occurs if you try to do it online as the regular saver is automatically opened in the name(s) of the account funding the initial investment. I seem to remember that to get around this you need to phone them to apply.

If you already have sole regular savers that reach the end of their 12 months then once they are converted to ordinary savings accounts then they can be the source for the 2 new sole regular savers without having to phone Nationwide. (Remember to do this BEFORE closing the newly created ordinary savings accounts).
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Blimey, are you pulling £1,000 from your FlexDirect via DD? The requirement is that you pay £1,000 in to it, not take it out. It doesn't matter how you do this, or how long it stays there.

There is no need for a DD on either account to satisfy the T&Cs.
    I actually have SO set up to pay in and pull out. It's just £2 DD to Tesco Saving I was not sure.
    Thanks for the advice. One less to worry now. Now only need to find 4 DD replacements for HFX/BOS...
  • youngretired
    Options
    The Post Office Online Saver regular payment is the DD, it will take at least 10 days for it to be able to take the 1st payment if requested, but should have given you the option of the amount, frequency and future date.

You are only allowed 1 sole and 1 joint Online Saver, the exception to this is that they do sometimes offer people new issues when they are released and you will know as when you log in it will say See your Offers.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The Post Office Online Saver regular payment is the DD, it will take at least 10 days for it to be able to take the 1st payment if requested, but should have given you the option of the amount, frequency and future date.

You are only allowed 1 sole and 1 joint Online Saver, the exception to this is that they do sometimes offer people new issues when they are released and you will know as when you log in it will say See your Offers.

It allowed me to open 2 online savers this morning, one after another - I wonder will one be cancelled?
    I also set up for a payment to be taken and the earliest is November 7th - date marked on the calendar.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pmjenkins
    pmjenkins Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Tesco will have a lot of d/debits to cancel and I will be intrigued to see if they actually cancel them.

Tesco doesn't have to cancel the direct debit mandate at the bank - it can simply stop using it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    pmjenkins wrote: »
    Tesco doesn't have to cancel the direct debit mandate at the bank - it can simply stop using it.

I'm wondering if that means that Tesco Bank direct debits will still be "active direct debits" to meet M and S Bank requirement (in order to continue to qualify for the M and S Monthly Saver) and Santander 123/123 Lite requirements. If the mandate is not cancelled, will it continue to be "active" on the account for 13 months from last collectiion?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure