Anyone any experience with a boilermate a-class ov

I know that this may not be the best forum to ask for help but hoping someone may hae some experience with the Glendhill Boilermate A-Class ov.

Just moved in to a 7 year old house a few month back. The house has the BoilerMate A-class Ov fitted. Never had a system like this before so I dont know if everything is normal with the Boilermate. When I open the curboard where the Biolermate is the first thing I get hit with is a strong smell which is hard to explain but its allmost like a medical sort of smell. The other thing is the case of the Boilermate is warm to the touch and has a good bit of heat coming from it. I know the unit is a thrmel store and is meant to hold the heat inside.

Also the small tank that sits on top of the Boilermate is warm. When I lift the lid off it there is a lot of warter that runs off the inside of the lid.

Maybe this is normal for this system but something just feels wong to me. The hot water and heating seem to work fine. The only thing I can say about the hot warter is it gets to a temp. where you cant put your hand under it.

It would be helpfull if you guys could let me know if this seems normal for the Boilermate and if not is there anything that I can check my self before having to call for a engineer.

Thanks

Comments

• ollski
    ollski Posts: 943 Forumite
    Cant help with the smell, may just be inhibitor in the tank. The rest sounds fine. You can google the gledhill site which will have user instructions for your boilermate.
  • fw1980
    fw1980 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice, puts my mind at rest. I will download user instuctions.
  • fw1980
    fw1980 Posts: 12 Forumite
    had a look at the books from Gledhill. Found out that you can run trough any fault codes. here is what came up. Anyone know where i can find out what they mean if anything.

5.1 = 76
    5.2 = 77
    5.3 = 56
    5.4 = 67
    5.5 = 76
    5.6 = 77
    5.7 = 85

5.1 = 68
    5.2 = 77
    5.3 = 35
    5.4 = 55
    5.5 = 60