Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    cireland wrote: »
    I absolutely regret following MSE's advice and switching to this energy firm.
    They are completely incompetent, my electric was switched without issue there was an issue with my GAS as there was a nominal amount left on the account, I was made aware cleared it the same day, I let Greenstar know this and my GAS account has still not changed over. (0005420413)

You spend weeks waiting for a reply via email, 30 minutes on hold trying to call them the amount of time I have invested trying to sort this is fasical. I have called them over 10 times since April, sent countless emails, been told countless lies by them, and to top it off I just received an email caliming I am entiled to only half the cash back because I only moved over one account!

They are ridiculous, all whilst this is happening I am paying a standard tariff on my current GAS account, eating into any saving's I was going to make... Time to make an formal compliant I think....

Hi cireland

thank you for your post and providing your account number.

I have contacted you directly via email.

I'm sorry for the delay.

thanks

Steve
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    catgirly wrote: »
    Accepted for switch was told it would take place on 24th May and to sent meter readings on that date OK sent. Notification from Martin Lewis said the old firm would contact me for final readings - heard nothing until I received a final bill - meter readings were not what I sent to GSE. Old supplier said they had the readings from GSE - emailed them to ask why the difference they replied - " Unfortunately there was a delay in accepting your gas meter readings due to the gas industry updating their nexus. There is a tolerance guideline set by the industry where we do not amend opening reads if they are +_250KWH for electricity or +_108units for gas The estimated meter reading provided to your previous supplier is within tolerance and will not be amended." I assume that is 52units of gas I will pay for twice - not good when you are a pensioner and watching the pennies. When it came to put in July's reading I stuck to the actual meter reading - GSE flashed up red question marks so do not know if it was accepted .Is there actually a tolerance guideline? I have never heard of it.
    I seem to have bad luck with switching - first Extra energy then GB energy and now this firm which seems to be as bad .Tut Tut Martin Lewis I expected better from you - and why do a switch when the gas industry was updating .

Hi Catgirly
    I am sorry for your experience.
    There has been an industry wide update, known as Project Nexus, which meant that gas change over readings were not able to be passed between your suppliers, which is why the estimate was used.
    Please rest assured that you will not pay twice for the gas usage as Green Star Energy and the previous supplier should be using the same reading.
    If you are still having issues with your readings, please let me know.

Thanks
    Steve
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Bulwark1
    Options
    I switched my energy supplier from OVO to Green Star Energy on the 11th May. On 12th May I received confirmation from Green Star with my new account number. On 13th May I received a 'Welcome Pack attached to an email. On 23rd May I received an email giving my transfer date for both gas and electricity as 6th June. I telephoned Green Star on 6th June and gave meter readings for both gas and electricity. On 13th June I received my final gas bill from OVO.

On 12th July I telephoned OVO to enquire as to when I might receive a final bill for electricity. I had that same day noted a direct debit had been paid to OVO. The representative informed me that they were still awaiting the final meter reading from Green Star for electricity.
    I emailed Green Star on the same day asking why this was taking so long. I received a reply as follows: 'Please be advised that it can take up to 42 days for opening readings to be sent to your previous supplier as they must go through the Industry.'

As of todays date 3rd August, (58 days from 6th June) I am still awaiting my final bill for electricity from OVO. I telephoned OVO again today and the representative informed me that they are still awaiting the final meter reading from Green Star for electricity.

I am still unable to complete updated meter readings for either gas or electricity using the Green Star website due to error messages as below:

Missing EAC for MPAN 141********** in interval from 2017-06-06 to 2017-08-03
    No Rolling AQ for MPRN 256******* on 2017-06-06

I do hope that this forum is still monitored by Green Star Customer Services and that these issues can be sorted.

Thank you.
  • KeyboardWarrior
    Options
    I too took part in the recent MSE switch but I now wish that I hadn't. I suppose that there is some comfort in the fact that I am not the only one having issues or regretting making the switch.

My switch appeared to go OK and my old supplier (SSE) even received final meter readings. I supplied them by email because GSE hadn't managed to add them to my online account.

And then the fun started. GSE had transposed the meter readings - gas for electricity and vice versa. To date, despite numerous calls, emails even a threat of taking my case to Ofegm - nothing has happened. No explantion. Barely an apology. Mostly inactivity and silence. In contrast SSE, despite me leaving them, have been most helpful.

So until GSE pull their fingers out and sort this issue I am in (lots of) credit with SSE but can't receive the money until I get a final bill with actual meter readings.

I recently submitted new readings via Lowri Beck. The electricity reading is showing on my account because it is a (somewhat) larger number the "opening" gas reading that's there. Given their incompetence to date I am fearful that my first quarter's bill will be erroneous (and massive) and they GSE will be incapable of resolving it in a timely fashion.

I am very tempted to "pause my Direct Debit" until the matter is resolved as this is the only leverage I have to focus their attention on resolving a very simple matter..

An utter shambles. Have they no shame ? Avoid like the plague.

I despair.
  • matthew57
    matthew57 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2017 at 8:49PM
    Options
    I was with Greenstar until March 2016, then switched to Scottish Power, and then switched to Greenstar in April this year. I provided my gas and electric readings when switching.My electric reading shows correctly on my online account. However my gas reading seems to be the closing reading from March 2016. No emails have been replied to, and no bills have been generated.
  • Inverchaolain
    Options
    Called Green Star yesterday to confirm some details I wanted so I could complete my letter of complaint to the energy ombudsman. When asked why I was complaining to the ombudsman I pointed out I have an open complaint with Green Star relating to an incorrect gas reading which would generate a bill of around £6800 and that I had had at least two versions of how this would be handled. First version - the "system" would not allow a bill of that size to be issued. Second version - there is a chance that the system will generate the bill "but don't worry". I was told that the person in the complaints dept was unavailable but would call back and that she could guarantee that no bill would be issued. At this point I told her that the phone system I was using also records calls and was she still willing to guarantee that no bill would be issued. At this point things changed dramatically. A statement was read out warning me against misusing an information Green Star gave on the call with a possible fine. She then stated that nothing was guaranteed and the agent in the complaints dept had become available!

When talking with the person from their complaints dept. a few anomalies arose:
    A complaint had been raised regarding the potential £6800 gas bill but had been closed when the statement that their system would never allow a bill of that magnitude to be issued was made and that it would be investigated and sorted. However when I called a week later to check on progress I was told that their systems might actually generate the bill but not to worry as they would suspend the account for 3 months. I asked for confirmation in writing but was told there would be a delay to allow for an investigation. I pointed out that there had already been a complaint raised which would have been investigated so why the need to investigate again. I was told that as it was a new complaint that's just the way things work. However on yesterdays call it transpires that no second complaint was raised and the first complaint was just re-opened. Still no letter of confirmation though.

I asked if Green Star considered the switch complete as the electricity reading is 00000 and the gas reading is so far out its laughable. I was told that yes the switch was considered complete and the incorrect gas reading will be sorted and regarding the electricity reading this meter had been physically read but had been incorrectly entered into the system by the reader. I can understand someone miss-reading a series of digits (we are all human) but I find it hard to believe anyone would enter 00000 and think that's ok.

Today I called again as a thought had occurred last night regarding the electricity meter. Its an internal meter and no one has appeared in person asked permission to read it, so how was a manual reading obtained. After being put on lengthy hold twice was told that all their systems had just gone down and I would need to call back - coincidence?.

Sadly my experience to date has been that each time I call the story changes. If you every get a reply by email its a loooong wait. When you catch them out in contradictions in the official story excuses are invented. I'm afraid I no longer believe a word they say and would strongly advise anyone looking to switch to look elsewhere.
  • deesbees
    Options
    Hmm. Im not alone. Quoted around £88/ DD instead of the £130 for npower, couldnt get through to give them meter readings, finally got an email a fortnight old but still couldn't get through, now Green star are taking £109 a month. And i STILL havent got through. I dont use this much, so im clueless as to how they got this figure but i want to leave them asap.
    Absolute shambles. Very very peedoff. Am a single parent to 2disabled kids and am being arsed around with benefits so every penny counts badly at the moment. The only reason i switched to them was because theyd said they were cheaper. Theyre actually DEARER as npower dropped my DD to £100 just after they annoyances their price hike. Stressed enough trying to feed and care for my kids without this and have been in tears. Too confusing and i also have a life limiting disease which is loads worse now. Gee THANKS FOR KEEPING YOUR PROMISE GREEN STAR.
  • gromit69
    gromit69 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Three months in and I'm still waiting for my gas supply to be moved across. I've never had this amount of trouble with switching before!
  • Alpaccaman
    Options
    Absolutely shocking service since I switched from SSE to Green Star as part of MSE Cheap Energy Club
    They took over my Gas and Electric on 5th June SSE are still waiting for a final gas meter reading. I have just come off the phone from Green Star for the 4th time and no further forward. Beware this company. Wished I'd never taken up your recommendation MSE!
  • Rovergb
    Rovergb Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Account No. 0005415450
    My contract started on the 16th May an I have already mentioned the difficulty in submitting my start reading. It's the ninetieth day now and I've heard nothing from Greenstar to confirm that all is correct.
    My start readings on the 16th May were. Gas 736 Electric 2461
    Today the 14th August they are. Gas 768 Electric 3144
    Using the app to submit these figures it said the gas was my first reading and to check it. I entered the 16th May reading of 736 and it was accepted the reading was accepted but obviously it's three months down the line and todays gas reading has not gone in.
    The electric was accepted although it said my previous reading was 2652, I've no idea where this figure came from.
    GG Energy took the supposedly final bill amount from my bank account a while ago but the gas reading was overstated. I would like to know when all this will be sorted out.
    A prompt response with this issue being resolved would be great although I'm not holding my breath.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback