Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2017 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    I'm afraid it wasn't me being all efficient about washing pots DNMS - I rarely bother (I know you are supposed to... :o)
    Day out today at a local-ish event. Tickets were bought online in advance, saving about £4.50 on the gate price :) Planning lunch out (nothing fancy, a pasty or something like that) but will take a flask of coffee :)Went early and were back by about 3pm. It poured with rain most of the day, which was a shame as it was a country show type event. However, much of it was fortunately held under cover.
    No need for dog walks today as he is coming with us and will be walking all day (except when he cons me into carrying him :rotfl:) He got carried quite a bit to avoid being trodden on. He was quite successful at blagging free samples of dog food from stallholders, simply by looking cute, so we have enough for a couple of free meals :D
    Bought some nice cheeses at a bargainous price :)
    Stopped at a farm shop we sometimes visit on the way home, and bought nice mince on a buy one get one free offer, now in freezer :)
    I have 2 RM surveys items to post before we go Done
    More HM quiche and salad for dinner when we get home Done
    Visitors tomorrow, so a bit of tidying up tonight! Will do in the morning :o but I did make a couple of lemon drizzle cakes to go with their cuppas :)
    Sold an item on ebay, awaiting payment :) - come to think of it though, I still haven't been paid for the one I sold the other day :(
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Another busy week at work again. Should defo put last night's sleep on my timesheet as was dreaming about work all night. Doesn't make for an interesting dream as I was mainly dreaming in numbers and codes!

I'm over at the in laws. Off to a yoga thing today. I asked to borrow MIL's car today to save a drop off or train one way and a £14 taxi back but apparently SIL is using her car to go to a local supermarket (less than half a mile away). Well annoying as I've NEVER known her to use the car (FIL always buys her groceries and drops them off for her...) and she could easily get a lift there (I would give her a lift there and borrow the car afterwards) but changes to plans are a no-no... I'm trying to be sympathetic because I bet it is because of her anxiety that changes are not allowed... :( Oh well, just another £20 spend to suck up with taxi and train fare... At least we are still a 1 car family...

I'm on Kiva at the minute trying to decide where my donation should go. This is awesome for giving. This is the 5th time I have loaned the same $25 IYSWIM. Whenever the loan is repaid you give again... Just lent to a Cambodian family for a clean drinking water filter :A #gooddeed

Need to check banking and update YNAB...

Not much else on today as yoga thing is 3pm - 11pm.

Happy weekend :beer:
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 March 2017 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Morning folks

sorry for being awol for a couple of days. In management training all day Thursday and then out and about yesterday.

Foxgloves - sorry you've had some bad news :(
    CCL - sorry to hear about the redundancies. It was really hard when it happened in our place in October :(

Well we were out for a meal last night for my boss's leaving do. Somehow, no bill for either food or drinks has passed my way. fingers' crossed that this pleasing situation endures.

Just in work today and a few bits:
    • Tidy the house as it's bedlam at the moment
    • Washing away. More washing out (I swear there are at least 2 more people living with us secretly)
    • B/L/D from stores
    • No alcohol
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Post the crochet blanket - done. daylight robbery from royal Mail
    • Work on new blanket commission!
    • Early night!!
    • Pick new meal plan. Have gone off piste Thurs-Sat as have loads of food in and was not available to shop.
    • Check on seedlings in greenhouse.
    • Use epilator
    Will add more if I think of it

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I'm on Kiva at the minute trying to decide where my donation should go. This is awesome for giving. This is the 5th time I have loaned the same $25 IYSWIM. Whenever the loan is repaid you give again... Just lent to a Cambodian family for a clean drinking water filter :A #gooddeed

This sounds interesting, can you tell us more?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • La_escocesa
    edited 18 March 2017 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Sure https://www.kiva.org/

I'll send you a link to mine on Facebook too :)

ETA - should say... not really giving directly to the people in the post - they've usually already been given the money - but you give to the microfinance Cos.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    May have an answer to why I've been feeling so flat lately other than the impending birthday. I have a raging sore throat and earache today. Felt tired but fine when I went to bed last night - feel pretty grotty this morning. Thankfully don't have too many plans today so I don't need to worry too much.
    Maria - hope you're doing ok - miss you on here.
    DNMS - hope your DD is ok
    Just little plans for me today - I want to:
    Check banking and PAD
    Clear out my purse into various savings pots
    Make a to do list for work, home and crochet
    Sort through the freezer
    Minimal housework
    Tutoring later on
    Stock up on paracetamol
    Small top up shop at Mr T while the boys are at football later.
    Have a good day everyone :wave:
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Take care Foxgloves.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

I am just back from the dentist having my tooth extracted and taking it easy (on dentist's orders!) for a few hours. It took a bit longer than expected and I had to have two more top ups of anaesthetic but at least it's out and my confidence is building. This was my fourth appointment and, (apart from the brutal hygienist), I've been really impressed. It cost me £160 :eek: but I'm not begrudging it, it's been worth it to be able to get appointments when I want them (including on Saturdays!) and the care has been fantastic. My NHS dentist still hasn't got back to me with a first appointment yet.

Last night I got ahead on my weekend list so all the hoovering and polishing is out of the way. The teens have brought down some plates to be a washed up but they can wait until later. I gave the bath a good clean and changed the towels when I got out of it this morning and DS cleaned the sink and surfaces mid week :T

The dentist has said only soft food for a few days so I'll cook the courgette and anchovy spaghetti tonight. I was let off an hour early last night and didn't plan on doing the YS run but the slow cooker curry was a bit disappointing (the beef was a bit tougher than I'd expected) and I ended up going down later for nibbly bits and managed to nab a bag of courgettes, a tray of Mediterranean veg and some finest carrots at 90% off.

While I was there I also decided to do my weekly shop (I'm glad I did now!) and stocked up on all the usual fruit juice and fridge staples, bread, fabric softener, etc. There's not as much choice as at the bigger one but it meant I only spent £25 instead of the usual £50!

Later today I must get around to setting up my new printer and sorting out more stuff for my forthcoming table top sale, including the old printer which only prints black and yellow (but fine for anyone that only wants to print black and white!)

I'd like to sort out the garden store a little, it's also my potting shed but it's decidedly less pretty than all the potting sheds on Pinterest (which are clearly ornamental and have never, ever been used for their intended purpose!) I might trim back the rest of the salvia if they have a bit more new growth this week. I noticed my peonie has lots of new shoots, it doesn't really fit with my back garden colour scheme (white/lime/yellow flowers) as its pink, as is my favourite rose) but it's so pretty I can live with it for the few weeks it's in flower.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,169 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, Ally. Members of my family really seem to be going through it at the moment & it's all such a worry.

Back to today's money saving plans....well, it's been quite a useful morning. Postie brought a bank statement which arrived just in time for my budget reconciliation session, so saved me some printer ink. He also brought my next £10 voucher (from Ipsos surveys) so have started a new stash of those......can spend at John Lewis, so may come in useful towards mr f's big birthday gift next year, as I plan to buy him a decent camera.
    Budget reconciliation went fine. Have skimmed current account for £11-45, which added to the £15 Sainsbury's gift card (surveys again!) which will be used instead of the equivalent grocery money today, means I've been able to pay £26-45 across to our Loan Pay Down Fund, as I'm working on the 2nd instalment now).
    Cheap overnight load of laundry nearly dried on the line. Had to fetch in when rain started, but am giving each item a turn on the bathroom towel radiator to finish it off, rather than expend more electricity putting the heated airer on.
    Quite a few Toluna quick click surveys done during my coffee break.
    Entered 1 prize draw.
    I now intend to get the kettle on the hob for a cafetiere & to watch a film (Ziggy - we are also fans of our fairly recently acquired Firestick........so many enticing-looking European/Scandi box sets to choose from).
    Right, caffiene is calling my name.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hope you're feeling ok FVD - I like your take-it-easy plan!! :)

Thinking about you foxgloves - hope things are ok for your family. :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure