The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Another Monday morning and the weather is miserable

Not quite sure what your going to call the rest of the week, if forecasters are right :eek::eek:

Need to check my council tax - I can never remember if I pay beg of month for that month/end of month for the past month or end of month for the next month :o

And need to get back into the ebaying myself, sometime soon.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    And need to get back into the ebaying myself, sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you A Frayed Knot
    That made me giggle- how much do you you think you will get for yourself :rotfl::rotfl:
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    And need to get back into the ebaying myself, sometime soon.

Thank you A Frayed Knot
    That made me giggle- how much do you you think you will get for yourself :rotfl::rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Well, just thinking - how long s a piece of string?

Of course - I think I'm priceless, but if two or more are bidding you can never tell where I'll finish up :)

And Ed - if your up and reading this . . . have a look out - predictions coming true - we have snow and still falling heavy.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And Ed - if your up and reading this . . . have a look out - predictions coming true - we have snow and still falling heavy.

Thankfully I was not up! :eek:

I'm still a bit skeptical re. the current predictions for snow. I was told dinner time yesterday right through the night. We didn't get any snow until 10 or so and it has been a bit soggy and underwhelming!

Payday today, £1200 paid off the monthly spends credit card and a fantabulous £0.39 paid off another card.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Oh wow - was I wrong about the snow!

I had to walk 2.5 miles from the bus last night, shovelled out our driveway (5 inches of snow) and still couldn't park the car! This morning it took me 50 minutes to drive 3 miles to work after dropping off DD at nursery. Mrs E is unwell, but assures me it isn't fatal :rotfl:

£1.18 OPed, nursery fees paid and managed to get a fantastic deal on coffee :j
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options

I had to walk 2.5 miles from the bus last night, shovelled out our driveway (5 inches of snow) and still couldn't park the car! This morning it took me 50 minutes to drive 3 miles to work after dropping off DD at nursery. Mrs E is unwell, but assures me it isn't fatal :rotfl:

£1.18 OPed, nursery fees paid and managed to get a fantastic deal on coffee :j

With more on the way !!!

Hope Mrs E's not in for either the Novo or Australian virus's going about. Their nasty !!!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options

In like a lamb, out like a lion?

It's forecast here...
    I had to walk 2.5 miles from the bus last night, shovelled out our driveway (5 inches of snow) and still couldn't park the car!

Should have got the missus to do it then...
    This morning it took me 50 minutes to drive 3 miles to work after dropping off DD at nursery.

So walking pace then? I take it you weren't one of those people mistaking a motorway for a travel lodge?
    Mrs E is unwell, but assures me it isn't fatal :rotfl:

It will be when you catch it...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Poor Mrs E! I *really* hope it isn't Aussie or Noro :( Poor you too, come to think of it - walking home from work through that amount of snow is no joke. Done it a couple of times down here over the years, but I don't particularly remember liking it :)

Trust you to still get a good deal on the coffee :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    So walking pace then? I take it you weren't one of those people mistaking a motorway for a travel lodge?

Thankfully not, I live 4.5 miles from the office. Feels like a long distance on the bus, but actually miraculously close considering how suburban our area feels!

Pretty sure Mrs E has a regular, plebby cold, nothing exotic. I expect she'll return to work tomorrow.

Grocery shopping done for next week, a cheap evening as the freezer is still groaning with YS items. Trying to aim for something a bit closer to zero waste in terms of plastics and pointless packaging, but my word it's hard in a normal household! :eek:
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £6.23 paid off a CC (early repayment of a small P2P loan)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback