Ferroli Combi Boiler, No Heating or Hot Water

Options
Hi everyone,
I am a local authority tenant with boiler problems. I am awaiting the company coming to see this problem, but would like to be prepared for when they arrive,which is next week.

Some days my boiler works no problem with hot water and hot radiators,
But then some days i get nothing working (no hot water or radiators working).

I had noticed that the boiler when it was working seemed to be constantly turning itself on and off all the time, More noticable when running the hot water tap, as it would be warm forabout 10=15 seconds, then stone cold for about the same. I had noticed that the boiler Light for the hot water had went off at this stage, even though i was calling for hot water.
The boiler pressure seems to be ok. around 2bar.
I have tried the reset button, and this seems to kick start everything, but only for about 10sec, then it goes off again.

Sometimes also when i get this problem, running the hot water tap seemed to get everything going eventually (kicking the boiler on) and it would remain on, but not today at all.

Could someone please indicate the possible problem here.

cheers

Tom:rotfl:

Comments

• malcindebt
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a local authority tenant with boiler problems. I am awaiting the company coming to see this problem, but would like to be prepared for when they arrive,which is next week.

Some days my boiler works no problem with hot water and hot radiators,
    But then some days i get nothing working (no hot water or radiators working).

I had noticed that the boiler when it was working seemed to be constantly turning itself on and off all the time, More noticable when running the hot water tap, as it would be warm forabout 10=15 seconds, then stone cold for about the same. I had noticed that the boiler Light for the hot water had went off at this stage, even though i was calling for hot water.
    The boiler pressure seems to be ok. around 2bar.
    I have tried the reset button, and this seems to kick start everything, but only for about 10sec, then it goes off again.

Sometimes also when i get this problem, running the hot water tap seemed to get everything going eventually (kicking the boiler on) and it would remain on, but not today at all.

Could someone please indicate the possible problem here.

cheers

Tom:rotfl:

We have the same problem with our Ravenheat boiler. Ours is a fault with the thermostat in the boiler, new part has been ordered but don't know when it will arrive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure