• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like a great day to blow the cobwebs away x
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds lovely.
    A bit warmer here, about 100 miles south of you, but the wind has a nasty bite but lovely if you're wrapped up properly. Can heartily recommend a terrier - ours is a mix of patterdale, lakeland and possibly a bit of something else - looks a bit like gnasher, lovely temperament and lots of energy.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£450.00 (90%)    Fn £395                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£079.50 (17%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£085.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• CP2016
    CP2016 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you find a good wee dug to look after you. ;)
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Me too - and I can recommend cairns - largely won't listen to a word you say but will walk the legs off you or cosy up for days.

Both of mine have been amazingly gud company and whilst cheekily cheeky they're great company and sturdy enough to withstand the largest beach or the biggest mountain.

I wish you and yours all the best for hogmany and enjoy yourself.

HImself's Wee mammy is tucked up here as its her birthday - much cosy planned for later.

Have a good one loon!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning Folks :D

Thanks for all the wee dug recommendations ;)

Cairn's are great wee dugs, saying that most wee terriers are. A good mate of mine had a black Westie called Hamish and he was a cracking wee dug, up n down mountains and across moors nae bother and lived to a very good age for a Westie (13). Mate has another Westie a wee white girl called Jess (2) and she's just the same loves her hikes :D

Have my eye on a lovely looking wee Staffie girl at a nearby center, in her profile pictures she looks like a wee cheeky, happy dug (I know, Staffies usually look like that anyway lol ) and still quite a young un too.
    Besties Dad had Staffies, so I am a bit biased, as they were always around Bestie and me when we were growing up and went everywhere with us. Found them to be attentive, full of energy, full of love and affection, great with kids, totally fearless and loyal. Hence Bestie and his missus offering to dug sit for me (He's hoping missus will see how good a dug a Staffie is and let him have one of his own ;) ) She's agreed to dug sit, which is a huge help, we're hoping that she sees for herself that having a wee furever pal is a bonus to any home :D
    Also if Bestie gets a wee dug it would be company for mine too and our hikes would be double the fun lol
    Awa oot in a wee bit to get a few bits n bobs for Hogmanay / Ne'er Day.
    Thanks as always for popping in and reading and commenting.
    I know my diary these days is not much MSE, however coming in here most days helps to keep me focused and accountable. Thanks for all your support folks, really do appreciate it (((((HUGS))))) :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have enquired about the wee Staffie girl and filled out an application form regarding adoption of a wee dug from that rescue centre.
    She's currently listed as looking for fostering atm, however, I contacted them about this expressing my interest and asked if I could adopt her etc. I realise that I won't hear anything until after the hols, have given them lots of info and I am more than happy to provide them with anything else that they may need. I am not getting my hopes up and will just wait and see what happens.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm biased, my Staffie is my bestie :A

She's getting on now but still as fun as she was when we got her as a teeny pup.

Have a lovely night tonight x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Another Cairn lover here.
    Would love love love another dog.
    If only you dident have to walk them :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Aww, didnae know you had a wee Staffie WannabeFree. They really are lovely wee dugs, such a shame that they get a bad rep due to bad owners.
    Best wee dogs I've ever experienced as part of a family they're just so full of love for their people aren't they.

I've just heard back from rescue place, someone will call to arrange to meet with me and then sort a home visit :D
    Need to make my wee place even more dug friendly now... they'll have run o the hoose anyway lol
    Trying not to get carried away here lol
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Its hard not to get excited :o

We got our girl same time as DS was born she will be 9 this year :eek: Choose her at a day old from a breeder local and she's been part of the family since. She doesn't have the run of the house though ;) But she is the smalls bestie so get's away with cuddles on the sofa etc :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback