Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 February 2015 at 11:46PM
    Options
    Edit: As a suggestion; being as I procured a box of 40 Snickers bars for £5.00 yesterday. A prize for the most Hawaii's scored over say, a three year period: I am willing to donate 1 Snickers bar to the winning home-owner, as long as the postage & packing is covered...how about that....!....smiley-laughing021.gif

Here it is........:D
    Oscar,
    Sorry! No intention of treading on your toes! I missed reading your generous offer - in fact I still can't find the original message online - so I have four questions. (1) Is the Snickers Bar for the highest generation of the year (in O's) or for the first Hawaii? - 'cos whichever it is, I'll do the other, even if it means awarding myself my own spoon. (2) Is the bar real or virtual? (3) Were you intending to have it engraved? (4) If somebody wins it three years running, do they get to keep it forever?
    I feel a bit paternalistic about this thread, [see message #1] it's all my fault really...

In answer to some of your many questions:- (1) Neither (2) Real (3) No (4) No, cos there is only this one left now; the holder pays the postage to the new holder.......I would go for the highest generation in O's as the first Hawaii went the other day........smiley-laughing021.gif
    countryman wrote: »
    Still churning away at 30w but I'll call mine in anyway.

Decent enough today at 2.88 O's :)

Yep; I will do the same; reasonably happy with 4.16 O's....smiley-dance011.gif.......coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    I don't keep a very close track of what I'm generating, certainly not against PVGIS, and particularly as my Owl monitor under reads by 8% and I can't be ar..er.. bothered to adjust it.

So my particular source of satisfaction is dishwasher/washing machine loads done and the power diverted to my hot water tank via an iboost: >4kwh both today and yesterday. In addition I have a woodburner- burning free wood in the main - and am on target for an annual gas bill of £80-100. (Probably nearer 80 based on the last few weeks' consumption).
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Some sun and some cloud produced the following:

3.154717 O's (12.54 kWh)

Back on course for PVGIS Est. 2.5 kWh UP!smiley-happy036.gif

Peak production today was 3.633 kW

According to Sunny Explorer at 13.15 yesterday I hit 4.176kW:eek:

1.95 O's today:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing special for me, lots of cloud around, but I thought it was going to hoof it down today so better than I expected.
    3.49 kWh / 0.87 O's
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    It looked like a repeat of yesterday's profile until the sun vanished at about 14:45. Ended the day with 2.88 Os
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • old_grouser
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    Are you sure? they certainly don't for me, due South is by far the highest.

I had a play around with the system in question and at my location it gave me a higher return for SE than for due S. There may be some justification for this result, since mornings here often seem to be clearer, therefore sunnier, than afternoons, but I doubt if this system has that level of sophistication, and it may be my imagination anyway. (We'd have to ask Zeupater - after all, they are his clouds.) In any case, the figures are all nonsense if you are getting one of the earlier, higher, rates of return.

Just a whisker under 4 Os today, in spite of some mid-morning cloud.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,077 Forumite
    Options
    A fairly dismal 1.59 O's so I'll take the Lincolnshire wooden spoon.:(

Looks like Halifax saved me from an overall spooning.smiley-rolleyes008.gif
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    2.7 O's for us today

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,077 Forumite
    Options
    Currently at 86% of PVGIS.

I now need 1.75 O's per day to the end of the month.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Looking like a wet & gloomy wash out here today. Give me the spoon and it will float away.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback